Strikers coming through

"Dykes" is currently trending on twitter, and not in a good way. 

Watched a bit of the QPR game up until he was subbed. Dykes looks short on confidence although other than a couple of crosses from Lee Wallace he had very little service.

30 minutes ago, Rabinho said:

Watched a bit of the QPR game up until he was subbed. Dykes looks short on confidence although other than a couple of crosses from Lee Wallace he had very little service.

Lee " the ##### "  Wallace ?

That Lee Wallace ?

Edited by ewan14

I was perusing our last squad on Wikipedia the other day.

The lack of goals from our strikers is absolutely tragic. There can't be many countries with such an utter lack of a goalscorer. Even most of the absolute dross have someone who can bang it in on a reasonably regular basis.

If we had even a 1 in 3 ratio striker it would transform us as a threat.

I wish scottish fans would get over the fact we dont really need a striker that scores lots of goals. We have several attacking mids that all play in the premier league and are performing well. So we just need a striker that brings them into play which dykes. We may well, in the future, get a striker who scores but its not a deal breaker.

Look at Norway. They have haaland who is arguably the best striker in the world at the moment and they wont be at the euros.

I agree we have decent attacking midfielders who carry a threat. But the point I'm making is that it would be a lot easier with a striker who was a goal threat as well.

I suspect most of the opposition we'll face at the Euros won't be very worried about our attack.

6 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I see Celtic are in for that Kyle Joseph on a pre-contract. Decent move all round if they intend to use him in the first team.

Thats the key, wherever he goes its obviously beneficial for us if he actually plays.

With edouard likely leaving celtics other strikers haven't been up to much. So there's a decent chance for him, if he's up to it.

Thats the key, wherever he goes its obviously beneficial for us if he actually plays.
With edouard likely leaving celtics other strikers haven't been up to much. So there's a decent chance for him, if he's up to it.
That's what I'm thinking. If Edouard was staying it'd seem like a bit of a backwards move, but as you say, Ajeti, Klimala and Griffiths are all struggling for form so it could be a great opportunity.

50 minutes ago, the snudge said:

We really should be pursuing Che Adams. I've seen quite a few of the Southampton games and he's been that type of striker we've been missing. 

He's said before that he's not interested

45 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If Dykes is there to 'bring others in to the play' what is the purpose of that? He brings them in to the play for them to do what exactly?

Score goals, like Christie did in Serbia or Fraser did against Czech Republic. That's if he's not scoring them himself, like he did in the games against Czech Republic and Slovakia.

43 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If Dykes is there to 'bring others in to the play' what is the purpose of that? He brings them in to the play for them to do what exactly?

Bringing others in to play means he's controlling a forward pass. And then passing to a team mate coming from a deeper position. To continue the attacking move.

The idea being the player brought into play will then have a shot, or run with the ball, or continue the passing move.