Strikers coming through

9 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/che-adams-set-scotland-call-23731876?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share bar

Looks like we've got him. Would love to be in a position where we could afford to tell him to bolt but it's an absolute no brainer to get him in now if he's up for it.

Good news. That article is shambolic though.

Not sure what the "Australian FA" have to do with Austria.

And thank God we don't have to worry about fire breathing defender "Aleksandr Dragons".

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

I'd play Dykes in the England game at least. He could absolutely bully Harry Maguire.

He's not bullying Grant Hanley in the championship... Or any defenders in the championship really. He's really, really, really went off form. 

I appreciate he's done tremendous for us, and I'm shocked he's not done better but I do worry how he'll do next time he rocks up with us, with him being so off form for a few months I worry he won't be as effective as before. 

16 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Only 4 forwards in the Championship have won more aerial duels per game than Dykes. He's clearly still very dominant in the air.

He's won more because he gets targeted by more.

Using overall amounts when different players play different roles in different systems is weird.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's won more because he gets targeted by more.

Using overall amounts when different players play different roles in different systems is weird.

This is an example as to why I really don't like stats in football.

They can be of some use, but they can also be incredibly misleading. 

30 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I dont know what you mean? We were referencing dykes and Adams.

I was referencing Griffiths being dropped from the squad , presumably because he is not an automatic start for Celtic

WRT  Adams and Dykes I do not think SSC will play them together unless we are chasing a game

It would actually be pretty good if we played armstrong, mcginn and fraser all together with up front. Ryan jack as the holding midfielder. Use andy robertson as an attacking left wing back. When he attacks it leaves a back four with the additional sitting midfielder. He has the pace and energy to get back.

O’donnell js pretty average going forward so you would have fraser dropping off to this wing to offer some width as and when.

Mcginn, armstrong and mcginn all running off adams seems pretty decent

* i may playing FM too much and these tactics may not work

It would actually be pretty good if we played armstrong, mcginn and fraser all together with up front. Ryan jack as the holding midfielder. Use andy robertson as an attacking left wing back. When he attacks it leaves a back four with the additional sitting midfielder. He has the pace and energy to get back.

O’donnell js pretty average going forward so you would have fraser dropping off to this wing to offer some width as and when.

Mcginn, armstrong and mcginn all running off adams seems pretty decent

* i may playing FM too much and these tactics may not work
I reckon odonnells strength is getting forward and hitting crosses. He has a naw bad right foot