Things that make you cringe

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The way that September 11 2001 is portrayed as the worst disaster in modern times.

It was an horrific attack but there have been worst things since and also in the years before.

There definitely have been a lot worse things happening since both in terms of sheer horror and bodycount, but all the wars, famines and genocides there have been post-2001 were never going to be as telegenic as big buildings in the middle of a major city being hit by airliners and subsequently falling down.

Television ads showing children pretending to do grown up things. Wearing suits, attending business meetings, driving cars etc.  As an equally cringe-inducing antonym, we're currently being served an ad for Haribo with a bunch of adults in a business meeting where their speech is overdubbed with "children's" voices as they discuss how much they like the sweets. Fucking toe-curling.

You can also add child performers. Singers, dancers, athletes and the like. And the adults who fawn over them. I'll make an exception if you're a grandmother but otherwise, just f**k off.

6 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Television ads showing children pretending to do grown up things. Wearing suits, attending business meetings, driving cars etc.  As an equally cringe-inducing antonym, we're currently being served an ad for Haribo with a bunch of adults in a business meeting where their speech is overdubbed with "children's" voices as they discuss how much they like the sweets. Fucking toe-curling.

You can also add child performers. Singers, dancers, athletes and the like. And the adults who fawn over them. I'll make an exception if you're a grandmother but otherwise, just f**k off.

Those Haribo adverts have been on the go for years. See also the heavy metal band, the suits in a lift and people waiting at a train station. 

I can also only presume Kidzania isn't rivalling Aspen as a holiday destination:

22 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Those Haribo adverts have been on the go for years. See also the heavy metal band, the suits in a lift and people waiting at a train station. 

I can also only presume Kidzania isn't rivalling Aspen as a holiday destination:

I wonder which Yew Tree suspect came up with this idea in the 80s.

images.jpeg

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

People who judge how good food is by the size of the portions.

Agreed. I know so many c***s who would rather go to some chain restaurant than someplace decent just because of the size of the portions.

That extra scoopfull of frozen chips alongside some microwave lasagne, that they can't even fucking finish, justifies the extravagence of going out for a meal.

Guest bernardblack

People who go to see comedians and drunkenly shout their previous jokes/catchphrases at them, in the hope they’ll hear an anecdote that they’ve already heard.

On 9/9/2018 at 22:28, Cerberus said:

Anyone who was in the armed forces and won’t shut up about it are cringey. Whether they say scran or not.

They'll no doubt mention they were part of the best unit in the world too. 

Archived