Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

15 hours ago, renton said:

Still, Sturgeon is popular, and there isn't a lot of open flank for the opposition to attack her over this. 

Scene: FMQ's in he not so distant future, internal.

Ruth Davidson: To ask if the First Minister will condemn her predecessor for their serious crimes.

Nicola Sturgeon: This has already been dealt with, I've already said there were serious misjudgements in the past that must be learned from.

later...

BBC News: Sturgeon supports pal Eck over Assault

Guest Bob Mahelp

Salmond's an egotistical fool.

He should simply have made one dignified statement saying that he denied the accusations and would fight them personally, but at the moment he would withdraw his SNP membership for the good of the party. End of story.

Nope. As ever, he comes out with all guns blazing, and many of these random potshots that he's firing off are damaging the SNP.  He's using an unhealthy influence over supporters to collect cash, and in the process is empowering the Unionist press and opponents of Scottish independence in general.....in this case, he's encouraging the Unionist view that supporters of independence are all blinkered extremists.

It's always all about him. Dangerous times for the SNP (although to be fair, Nicola Sturgeon has handled herself impeccably so far).

46 minutes ago, GoTeamGaz said:

Scene: FMQ's in he not so distant future, internal.

Ruth Davidson: To ask if the First Minister will condemn her predecessor for their serious crimes.

Nicola Sturgeon: This has already been dealt with, I've already said there were serious misjudgements in the past that must be learned from.

later...

BBC News: Sturgeon supports pal Eck over Assault

Assuming Sturgeon would say that. If he were found guilty then Salmond would be ostracised quickly by everyone, and Sturgeon could probably get away with being far harsher on him without alienating the support. She might also fling some shite back about the various racist, sectarian xenophobes in Colonel Cosplay's party. Not much you can do about the BBC headline, Sturgeon could personally wield an axe on Salmond's neck on international television, and you'd still get a variant of that headline.

Edited by renton

The Unionist print media in Scotland going full pelt in trying to manufacture a split in the SNP/Yes movement with their headlines. 

It's not even reporting, it's fake news and they are all working to an agenda. 

26 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

The Unionist print media in Scotland going full pelt in trying to manufacture a split in the SNP/Yes movement with their headlines. 

I wonder where they're getting it from?

“Most of all, I am conscious that if the party felt forced into suspending me it would cause substantial internal division....In the meantime, I would urge no one else to relinquish their SNP membership."

SUPPORT ALEX AND SCOTLAND. THE UNIONIST SCUM WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO DISCREDIT OUR NATION AND DESTROY THE MOVE TOWARDS INDEPENDENCE...…..https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/alexsalmond/backers/

Why target/try to besmirch his reputation now? He doesn’t hold any position of power or influence in office and isn’t an MP/MSP. The guy is already washed up.

Lost the Ref in 2014 resigned and relinquished the leadership of the SNP. Suffered an embarrassing loss of his WM seat in a massive swing to the Tories in 2017. Now reduced to interviewing 3rd rate pro-Independence celebrities on some obscure foreign TV channel.

Seems to me that Nicola Sturgeon (who’s handled this properly throughout) doesn’t need her former leader, colleague and mentor to garner support for a 2nd Ref, so why the conspiracy theories that it’s some sort of fabricated Unionist smear campaign?

The Crowd-Funding stunt is nothing but a desperate show of strength to rally the die-hards who would back their messiah to the ends of the earth. It has nothing to do due with due process and a heroic challenge to an unfair complaints system that was instigated and implemented by an SNP led Scottish Government itself. If there is a split within the SNP, it is of his own making, no one else’s.

I wonder how the people who have contributed to his fund will feel if he is eventually found guilty of the alleged offences, irrespective of the outcome of a judicial review.

Salmond won’t care though, as ever his ego will still be big enough to handle that.

Why target/try to besmirch his reputation now? He doesn’t hold any position of power or influence in office and isn’t an MP/MSP. The guy is already washed up.Lost the Ref in 2014 resigned and relinquished the leadership of the SNP. Suffered an embarrassing loss of his WM seat in a massive swing to the Tories in 2017. Now reduced to interviewing 3rd rate pro-Independence celebrities on some obscure foreign TV channel.
Seems to me that Nicola Sturgeon (who’s handled this properly throughout) doesn’t need her former leader, colleague and mentor to garner support for a 2nd Ref, so why the conspiracy theories that it’s some sort of fabricated Unionist smear campaign?
 The Crowd-Funding stunt is nothing but a desperate show of strength to rally the die-hards who would back their messiah to the ends of the earth. It has nothing to do due with due process and a heroic challenge to an unfair complaints system that was instigated and implemented by an SNP led Scottish Government itself. If there is a split within the SNP, it is of his own making, no one else’s.
I wonder how the people who have contributed to his fund will feel if he is eventually found guilty of the alleged offences, irrespective of the outcome of a judicial review.
Salmond won’t care though, as ever his ego will still be big enough to handle that.

Excellent post.

3 hours ago, Colkitto said:

This one is quite funny.

https://www.politico.eu/article/alex-salmond-sexual-harassment-allegations/

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

I would suggest they're making it up unless you can show me some evidence of a "civil war" within the SNP 

It must really piss off the Unionist establishment that after a lengthy period in power in Scotland the SNP are still the most popular political party by a fair distance.

Tbf I haven’t seen much dissension in the elected ranks apart from that utter welt Angus McNeil.

Allegedly MSP for Midlothian Colin Beattie - party Treasurer? - donated to Salmond’s ego trip... sorry, crowdfund. Otherwise you’ve hit it spot on.

5 hours ago, Colkitto said:

I dont think it stretches credibility to state there are SNP members who dont entirely agree with Mr Salmond's actions. 

10 hours ago, renton said:

Assuming Sturgeon would say that. If he were found guilty then Salmond would be ostracised quickly by everyone, and Sturgeon could probably get away with being far harsher on him without alienating the support. She might also fling some shite back about the various racist, sectarian xenophobes in Colonel Cosplay's party. Not much you can do about the BBC headline, Sturgeon could personally wield an axe on Salmond's neck on international television, and you'd still get a variant of that headline.

"Sturgeon gives Salmond easy way out"