Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

People would be more likely to concede on BawWatchin’s point if he hadn’t suggested appointing women to a jury meant it was a feminist witch-hunt tbf.

I wouldn't concede the point. Every trial is reported like this. When the prosecution is making its case, the prosecution perspective gets reported. When the defence makes its case, you should expect the same. Media has never, never ever, stuck to a middle line of sticking "alleged" in there. They report what was said in court. 

4 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I get it completely. I disagree with you. As has been explained to you many times now, the use of quotations makes it abundantly clear that it is an allegation.

A statement of fact would be - Woman humiliated after Alex Salmond lay on her naked. When a news outlet publishes this I'll be more than happy to be upset about it but I can't pretend not to be able to parse simple English because I support independence. 

I think you're being generous to the general public.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I think you're being generous to the general public.

I mean sure, some folk are thick. But that is literally what the use of that language in that context means. Something is being quoted, and in a court that would be the testimony of a witness.

I'm aware I look like I'm being willfully blind/obtuse, and that they could have put in "alleged" or "court hears". But it doesn't change the meaning of what is actually being written, and some folk will get upset about how this is reported regardless. 

12 minutes ago, Geez a Braco said:

Woman H went on to say she had told her husband while they were on holiday together some time later that she was considering speaking to SNP headquarters about some "bad things" involving Mr Salmond that had happened to her during the independence referendum campaign, but had not gone into any detail.

Mrs H's husband clearly doesn't care about his wife's welfare or that was clearly made up.  

I always switched off when my girlfriend whinged about work stuff, likely just nodded sympathetically while not taking it in.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I always switched off when my girlfriend whinged about work stuff, likely just nodded sympathetically while not taking it in.

#metoo

However, if the chat was “Eck Salmond got naked and tried to pump me” my ears would probably have p***ked up.

“bad things“ is way too cryptic.

"I was told he was a sex offender but I just kind of, never wanted to tell anybody else". 

Theres, in itself, is the reason (mostly) women don't come forward and report offences. He should be in the Dock alongside the fat creepy b*****d. 

10 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I fee a bit bad for Eck. It’s a Rolf Harris type situation where I don’t want it to be true. Hopefully he isn’t a sex pest but it doesn’t look good for him.

Problem is, we'll never know whether he truly is or not, regardless of the verdict.