Next Permanent Falkirk Manager

Who will be Falkirk's next manager?  

209 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I would imagine being sacked a month into the season with the team in a safe position then going on to be relegated in 12th spot under his successor would give good grounds for having a point to prove.

This isn't quite accurate.
We weren't safe, we were 1 point off 12th.  
That season, of the seven games before his sacking, he had got six defeats and one draw.
This was a trend that had been worsening over 18months.
There were also other issues, it wasn't just about that 7 game run.
And his successor (rightly) got fired, we got relegated in 12th by his successor's successors (who we have improved under).

All that said, the rumours in our wee circle have been that Jim has been waiting for the Falkirk job for the last while.  Cant mind what the basis for those rumours is, does he live in the area?   We probably started them ourselves to be honest; surprised he still doesn't have a job, nearly a full year later.
I reckon he could do a job at Falkirk, I'm keen to see what he can do elsewhere. 
Hearing Duffy is favourite though, and has been interviewed/spoken to.  And that Hartley is widely regarded by folk at Falkirk as an utter utter c**t.  
Admittedly, my Falkirk  sources are proper grape-vine stuff and I wouldn't put much weight on them...

1 hour ago, dingdong1929 said:

This isn't quite accurate.
We weren't safe, we were 1 point off 12th.  
That season, of the seven games before his sacking, he had got six defeats and one draw.
This was a trend that had been worsening over 18months.
There were also other issues, it wasn't just about that 7 game run.
And his successor (rightly) got fired, we got relegated in 12th by his successor's successors (who we have improved under).

All that said, the rumours in our wee circle have been that Jim has been waiting for the Falkirk job for the last while.  Cant mind what the basis for those rumours is, does he live in the area?   We probably started them ourselves to be honest; surprised he still doesn't have a job, nearly a full year later.
I reckon he could do a job at Falkirk, I'm keen to see what he can do elsewhere. 
Hearing Duffy is favourite though, and has been interviewed/spoken to.  And that Hartley is widely regarded by folk at Falkirk as an utter utter c**t.  
Admittedly, my Falkirk  sources are proper grape-vine stuff and I wouldn't put much weight on them...

That's not true. He's not a c**t. 

He's a greasy tramp bearded thunder c**t and a bellend to boot. 

He told us he would only leave us for either half of the ugly sisters. Then went to United. He doesn't know what loyalty is. He's also not welcome, so there's that. Pish stained wee judas.

In all honesty, if you were offered triple your salary, and an opportunity to manage at a higher level, would you turn it down? Managerial careers are short lived.
I’d have McCall back in a flash....

24 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

In all honesty, if you were offered triple your salary, and an opportunity to manage at a higher level, would you turn it down? Managerial careers are short lived.
I’d have McCall back in a flash....

McCall should have kept his mouth firmly shut about loyalty being his mantra, before firmly establishing that that was only true, so long as he wasn't offered way more money.

His crime wasn't particularly in moving - as you say he's hardly unique in having done that.  But he made it so much worse by trying to claim he was above such things.

McCall should have kept his mouth firmly shut about loyalty being his mantra, before firmly establishing that that was only true, so long as he wasn't offered way more money.
His crime wasn't particularly in moving - as you say he's hardly unique in having done that.  But he made it so much worse by trying to claim he was above such things.

To be fair, when you are in a good place you feel a sense of loyalty and I think that probably was a genuine intention when he made the statement.
However when the big offer comes I can understand why he felt the need to take it. Head over heart.
Ironically, and on a slightly smaller scale, he’s possibly going through exactly the same predicament just now....and I hope forms the same conclusion....

Better hope he doesn't get an offer from a club with that amount of money and can offer a higher level of football and instead settles for Falkirk then.
His post is actually in reference to the circumstances in which McCall left us for Utd.

The way our signings have gone this summer I have a feeling we are going to get a manager that no one has thought of.

The majority of our summer additions had us all reaching for google to find out who the f**k they were and I have a feeling that the manager could be a surprise as well.

Hope I am wrong.

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

To be fair, when you are in a good place you feel a sense of loyalty and I think that probably was a genuine intention when he made the statement.
However when the big offer comes I can understand why he felt the need to take it. Head over heart.
Ironically, and on a slightly smaller scale, he’s possibly going through exactly the same predicament just now....and I hope forms the same conclusion....

It was the way he left that left a bad taste in the mouth.  If he'd simply moved on when United came in for him the first time instead of talking pish about loyalty to Falkirk then there wouldn't have been anywhere near the animosity. For him then to bugger off a few weeks later when they came in with more cash and the dodgy behind the scenes way it was done was out of order. On saying that I'd have him back now. Water under the bridge and all that.

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Would be surprised to see McCall leave the champions elect and move to the new Clyde. 

He know he's just about reached his peak with Ayr and although you are riding on a high just now so is his managerial status.  A bad run and noone will be interested in him again. Chance to move on to a bigger club with bigger facilities and a bigger support.  Only thing poorer at the moment is the team.  Was exectly the same situation with us and United when he left. We also were hamstrung back then by the fact that brockville wasn't good enough for the top flight.  

Archived