Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Cosgrove is talking about our potential new goalkeeper and wondering "if he will be the first Arab to play for the Arabs".

He is from Virginia, and his parents were from Sierra Leone, so probably not

There's also that two Algerians, a Morrocan and a Tunisian have already played for Utd (I used transfermarkt, that wasn't off the top of my head).

19 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Today’s show was like listening to a bunch of giggling schoolgirls. Horrendous.

I disagree Joey, I thought the show was ace yesterday. Spencey is always good craic, especially when on with Cosgrove and we get the Dundee/Perth gang culture discussion going on. 

21 hours ago, Quatermass said:

Can only think that Cosgrove, due to BBC regs, can’t promote his Muhammed Ali book turned film premiering at the GFF this weekend. He has some CV that’s for sure.

His CV is indeed impressive. I think that to some extent the BBC are fortunate to have someone who was a senior executive at a rival channel, and a not-insignificant author devote a chunk of his weekend.... I guess he does genuinely enjoy doing it 

33 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

I disagree Joey, I thought the show was ace yesterday. Spencey is always good craic, especially when on with Cosgrove and we get the Dundee/Perth gang culture discussion going on. 

The Dundee/Perth "gang culture" was a bunch of adolescents who liked to get dressed up in the same clothes as each other, a bit like the pink ladies in Grease. 

2 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

His CV is indeed impressive. I think that to some extent the BBC are fortunate to have someone who was a senior executive at a rival channel, and a not-insignificant author devote a chunk of his weekend.... I guess he does genuinely enjoy doing it 

He probably doesn’t get to talk much Scottish football in his normal work business. Off the Ball likely as much a hobby for him as a job, although ironically will prevent him from seeing St Johnstone as much as he’d like.

Edited by Quatermass

56 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Could actually be interesting today if Cosgrove is allowed to give his genuine thoughts on the MOTD debacle

Cowan already calling back to his own suspension!

The show will likely get a bigger audience than usual today. Despite far preferring Scottish football, the 5Live coverage on a Saturday is generally far more listenable from the afternoon. 

Off the Ball is good in bits but rotten in others, I don't tune in for music or special guests so for me 5Live is generally preferable. That said, will give it a go today.