Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

933 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Had to laugh at Mccabe telling someone off for oversharing...as she just finished telling us about her career as an Electrician (again) then as an Electrical Estimator then as a comedian ...

6 hours ago, Elframo said:

Had to laugh at Mccabe telling someone off for oversharing...as she just finished telling us about her career as an Electrician (again) then as an Electrical Estimator then as a comedian ...

aye, it's shocking patter... 

I'm available for the Fringe... 

On 21/07/2024 at 09:52, Stylish Kid said:

I know someone said a few pages ago that S&T were bitter they didn't get a Euros gig. I would be if I was them - had to endure years of non qualifications then when we do the gig is given to a former Murdoch weasel and bloody Compton who's become a parody of himself 

They used to regularly talk about the year they got to go to the Euros/WC despite the fact Scotland haven't qualified.

Tam has now conveniently forgotten that event now he has a bee in his bonnet.

Firstly, I appreciate I should get a life rather than being annoyed by a radio show and yes I appreciate the show tags itself as “ill informed” but by Christ, could Susie McCabe fact check some stuff before going on national radio and making an ar5e of herself….

- she talked at length about Hearts sacking Burley the day they played Celtic in 05/06 and how she knew then it was “seismic” - where in reality it happened weeks later

- she got the plot all wrong about the Barney Thomson film she waxed lyrical about 

Appreciate the above are very petty points but they follow on from her going on Josh Widdiecome’s podcast as “Celtic expert” and mashing together two completely different Old Firm games - explaining how 4 OF players were sent off and had to go to court after clashing in the Scottish Cup Final where Celtic won 1-0.

Yes there are far bigger things to worry about in life but her constant sh1te gets on ma tits!

I know someone said a few pages ago that S&T were bitter they didn't get a Euros gig. I would be if I was them - had to endure years of non qualifications then when we do the gig is given to a former Murdoch weasel and bloody Compton who's become a parody of himself 

Should be thankful as the Smart/Compston thing was dreadful, although I don’t know how much our poor performances attributed to me thinking that. 

On 21/07/2024 at 11:03, craigkillie said:

They do a radio show, that was a TV show, I don't see how the two are connected. Cowan had his own TV show at one point and as much as it had its moments I wouldn't say it was exactly a roaring success.

No idea how good the Smart and Compston thing was because I didn't watch it, partly because I was in Germany for a lot of the time, and partly because I don't really find either of them likeable or worth watching.

Would have rather have seen a few episodes of a View from the Euros but then with most the guys in Germany was never going to happen especially with Amy and Telfer covering The national teams YouTube channel. 

Just seen on Instagram that Tam is in Las Vegas rubbing shoulders with Rod Stewart. 
Glad I’ll be in portugal when he’s back listening to more stories of another trip to Las Vegas 

I used to listen every week.. living in England I need a fix of Scottish football coverage.. anyway, over the last few years, I don't tune in so much they just  talk over each other all the time.. two ego's posting for attention.. irritating as f**k.. only plus side is tneither are fans of the gruesome twosome.. listened today.. can't remember the names of the two people substituting for Cowan and Cosgrove.. but, much better listen.. good guests as well.

Edited by Napper2

Bradshaw is decent, but he has learned the modern interview style of "Ask a question, then interrupt the answer as quickly as possible". He needs to learn to STFU and let the others actually finish a sentence. Or his producer should turn off his mic for a bit. He also has a horrible habit of using the term "texts and emails" as a singular noun, which once you've heard it, grates constantly.

Although I did think he and Mark Nelson were pretty good today, and I thought Stephen McGinn and Ross Murdoch were good guests

I hope Bradshaw’s stand up routine has more variety than his off the ball appearances. This weekend show hes told the story of Stevie Fulton being booed in the warm up for a third and fourth time, repeated tale after tale about when he was in Germany (apparently he went), dropped in his parents are deaf for the millionth time, told us about what his mate has done or said for the billionth time and continues to tell us about his amateur football antics (for which I can’t be the only one who couldn’t care less how many goals he’s scored or how someone called him lucky). 

I like Bradshaw, I said it probably a year or so ago and I stand by it that he's probably the best long term replacement (as that's what we seem to now be discussing!). I like Abby DeFoy too. Actually, Mark Nelson is probably the one who is the best presenter/most experienced and it shows.

10 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

I like Bradshaw, I said it probably a year or so ago and I stand by it that he's probably the best long term replacement (as that's what we seem to now be discussing!). I like Abby DeFoy too. Actually, Mark Nelson is probably the one who is the best presenter/most experienced and it shows.

Aye, for me, Nelson has the best grip of when to say something interesting/funny, and when to shut up and let others talk.

9 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Aye, for me, Nelson has the best grip of when to say something interesting/funny, and when to shut up and let others talk.

Haven't heard him on OTB, but if the bit of his stand up routine I caught on the telly a while back is anything to go by (live in Perth, I'm sure), then the next time he cracks a funny will be the first time. Painfully bad.

On 22/07/2024 at 13:28, Elframo said:
On 22/07/2024 at 13:28, Elframo said:

People are shocked to learn that I'm not a qualified electrician.....

On 31/07/2024 at 08:07, Shibuya said:

Ouch. Hope she's ok!

I was actually coming to post a mea culpa anyway saying that I know I go in 2 footed on her but I actually think she's decent so long as she's not talking about Celtic, and dare I say it has improved immensely as a listen now that Grey Jumper Man is receding into distant memory 

19 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Ouch. Hope she's ok!

I was actually coming to post a mea culpa anyway saying that I know I go in 2 footed on her but I actually think she's decent so long as she's not talking about Celtic, and dare I say it has improved immensely as a listen now that Grey Jumper Man is receding into distant memory 

As someone with a dodgy ticker ( and according to the stats only has a year to live) get well soon Susie..