William Hill Scottish Cup 2018/19

newcastle broon

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

Astonishing scenes this afternoon as Highland League routed at almost every turn. Deveronvale 2-1 Bonnyrigg their only victory (bar all-HL ties); Forres 2-2 Civil Service only replay rescued.

Apart from Deveronvale, probably the best performance for a Highland League team was Fort William's 3-0 loss at Linlithgow Rose. Two of the goals came in the last 4 minutes and Fort William played a third of the match with ten men after the keeper was red carded.

Rose were bloody terrible.

R2 draw:

Cowdenbeath v Clyde
Rothes v Annan
Stirling Albion v Queen's Park
Cumbernauld v BSCG
Edusport v Fraserburgh
Elgin v Whitehill
Brora v Coldstream
Edinburgh City v Civil Service/Forres
Deveronvale v Stirling Uni/Keith
Cove v Auchinleck
Beith v Linlithgow
East Kilbride v Spartans
Albion Rovers v Formartine
Peterhead v Kelty/Dalbeattie
Gala v East Stirlingshire
Berwick v Gretna

Beith v Linlithgow Rose... I think this is the first time Rose have drawn the same club twice in the Scottish Cup - they lost to Beith 2-0 in 2010. Beith went on to have a corker of a tie against Airdrie that year, losing 4-3 in a replay played on a midweek afternoon.

Not a tie I'd have chosen as it's not a new trip, it's not exactly holiday country and we'll probably lose.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Beith v Linlithgow Rose... I think this is the first time Rose have drawn the same club twice in the Scottish Cup - they lost to Beith 2-0 in 2010. Beith went on to have a corker of a tie against Airdrie that year, losing 4-3 in a replay played on a midweek afternoon.

Not a tie I'd have chosen as it's not a new trip, it's not exactly holiday country and we'll probably lose.

We've played Dalbeattie twice.

11 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Peterhead-Kelty, Beith-Lithgae and Cove-Talbot are brilliant ties. The rest are deathly dull, which is madness given how many potentially interesting games there could've been.

EK-Spartans = LL top 2.

Edinburgh City-CSS would be intriguing.

Albion Rovers-Formartine and Berwick-Gretna potential shocks?

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Astonishing scenes this afternoon as Highland League routed at almost every turn. Deveronvale 2-1 Bonnyrigg their only victory (bar all-HL ties); Forres 2-2 Civil Service only replay rescued.

I don't think anyone is remotely surprised given the fixtures and current form.

Well done Dalbeattie getting a second draw against Kelty this season, but I don't think they'll keep the unbeaten run going next week.

Gutted Annan have been drawn away, but given the Highland league sides have been poor so far I think we'll be alright

Archived