P & B Curry Club

Last night, the lads from work were in Mother India's Café in Infirmary Street in Edinburgh.

It was good, but busy, and a wee bit loud, so not the best for a blether - very efficient, though, and we were in and out pretty quick - possibly too quick - they must be used to a high turnover of customers, which will be good for business, but it felt a bit rushed - I thought the food was good, but one gastronome felt it was a bit bland. 

I might be my turn to arrange the next one - where would you go?

I've always heard good things about the Britannia Spice just at Ocean Terminal but I've never been there.  I believe it has won several 'Indian restaurant of the year' awards.

If I'm ever getting Indian takeaway I go for Abida, in Corstophine.  Always hits the spot.  I also like Kebabish on Dalry Road, more of a grill place but excellent food.  I've also had decent, fi not spectacular curries in Khushi's on Antigua Street and the Shezan just up the road.

The older guys from my work have their Christmas do in the Clay Oven at Morningside. I’ve never been but they swear by it.

I was last in Brittania Spice circa 2005. It was good.

Haven’t been for a curry in Edinburgh for some time.

Get the train out to Linlithgow and go to Delhi's Winter. Best curry I have ever had.

Delhi Winter and the Ashmaan Tandoori are both very good. Hard to say which one I like better though.

Glasgow is spoiled with good curry places, especially the West End. Balbir’s is very good, but for me, Little Curry House on Byres Road is quite possibly the best curry experience I’ve ever had. Their tapas menu is fantastic.