• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’re still shite but been pretty even first half.

Good play from Lewis and Brough for the goal and good header from Rudden. He was unlucky with his chip being cleared off the line a few minutes later. They’ve no really threatened yet but the defence is panicking anytime the ball comes into the box.

Oh and Paul Paton is still a useless waster. Booked for a stupid tackle just minutes after giving away a free kick in a dangerous place for another stupid foul. He offers us nothing.

Just now, Russ said:

Good play from Lewis and Brough for the goal and good header from Rudden. He was unlucky with his chip being cleared off the line a few minutes later. They’ve no really threatened yet but the defence is panicking anytime the ball comes into the box.

Oh and Paul Paton is still a useless waster. Booked for a stupid tackle just minutes after giving away a free kick in a dangerous place for another stupid foul. He offers us nothing.

Paton suspended for next week or is he still one away?

There is simply no way, when you balance up the pros v the cons of having Paul Paton on the park ahead of Ruben Sammut, that Paton can come out on top. No way. I will not believe anyone can offer less in terms of benefit and more in terms of harm to the team.

Paton suspended for next week or is he still one away?

Nah still 1 away unfortunately. That was his 4th booking this season.

Wouldn’t put it past him getting another booking here right enough. Him being sent off would significantly improve our midfield imo.

Still horrific and would say Alloa are the better team(amazing what years of sticking with a core of players does versus 16 strangers #sarcasm)

Amazing what a difference Rudden leading the line v Haber brings, I screw my face at times over Lewis too but I think there is something there to work with. 

Big fear is Paton on a tight rope with booking, I'll be surprised if he doesn't see red if he remains on the 90

The narrow pitch reminds me of playing Fitba with my Faither in the long halls in the apartments in Malta....thanks Alloa

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Russ said:

There is simply no way, when you balance up the pros v the cons of having Paul Paton on the park ahead of Ruben Sammut, that Paton can come out on top. No way. I will not believe anyone can offer less in terms of benefit and more in terms of harm to the team.

Sammut for me needs someone next to him for me, blue in the face saying Taiwo would've been that man....we don't have someone in that ilk, that's how grim we are for options

Sammut for me needs someone next to him for me, blue in the face saying Taiwo would've been that man....we don't have someone in that ilk, that's how grim we are for options
But crucially, is Sammut without Taiwo next to him worse or better than Paton on a yellow?

Nah still 1 away unfortunately. That was his 4th booking this season.

Wouldn’t put it past him getting another booking here right enough. Him being sent off would significantly improve our midfield imo.
not at the game but bbc feed saying he committed 3 fouls and received a yellow card in just 4 minutes. just hope he's clever enough to stay on the pitch. we can't have another Ayr result here up at half time and letting it slip due to being down to 10 men

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

But crucially, is Sammut without Taiwo next to him worse or better than Paton on a yellow?

If as expected sammut falls like the expected pack of cards, then yes.

Sammut needs guidance, no coincidence Pressley got a spine of experience to work around with academy players and this is where we are with our signings and  sadly Paton is our most experienced player.

Ps I can't stand Pressley

Sammut needs guidance, no coincidence Pressley got a spine of experience to work around with academy players and this is where we are with our signings and  sadly Paton is our most experienced player.
Why is that expected? Has he not got the engine to press for 90 mins?

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Why is that expected? Has he not got the engine to press for 90 mins?

Sammut is a wee boy in the mans game...

Unfortunately our team is filled with wee boys

It's looking like the hard work is finally starting to pay off. Players have been reported as being fitter and if we are starting to get good performances out of Petra, that can only bode well for the coming games.

Even Haber has ran about a bit.

Some effort from Zak Rudden tho. Covered every single blade

Archived