8 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Am I am the only one who does not want Mutch in goals?

I don’t think he will be. Fasan will be hopefully on the equivalent of his farewell gig tomorrow. We know he will get at least one thing horribly wrong,  and it will potentially cost us the game, but it’s a price we may have to pay until Mitchell is fit again.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the team will be incredibly close to last week's.

If McKee is injured then I'd expect Kidd or Sammut to take his place.

Mackin may also get the nod ahead of Haber.

I'm going for

Fasan

Aero
Harrison
Dallison
Brough

Kidd
Paton
Irving

Petra
Haber
Rudden

Short drive or train, but not really an attractive proposition, wonder how many we'll take to this.

I have liked McKinnons style so far. But I like to see a manager who learns. To that end, I truly hope Paul Paton and Leo Fasan dont start today. Fasan is almost forgivable due to Mutch being a real rookie and Mitchell probably not fit.

Paton though, for him not to be sidelined after turning in last weeks shift would be a black mark against Rays decision making. Now I can understand the theory of Paton playing a game like this, and on paper it stands up, but Paton has showed he is incapable or unwilling to do what you have hin doing on the script. So get him tae f**k. McKinnon doesnt seem averse to trying to walk players through the game from the touchline, so fire Sammut in there, coach him through it. Hes a young guy at the start of his career. Give him a job and some responsibility. Screen the defence and look to release the ball early to Petra/Rudden to run onto. Surely he can be more effective than the anonymous Paton?

Aside from that agree with most that defence will probably be the same. A desire for consistency and building of partnerships there will prevail. That and the fact that of all the defenders, Aero was the worst last week and we dont have a rounder peg for that hole.

I would have no real issue with Lewis starting. The flanks were an issie last week with Rudden being forced out to the right. Lewis staked his claim not too badly. His end product needs work but he got into good positions.

And Mackin over Haber for me

Short drive or train, but not really an attractive proposition, wonder how many we'll take to this.

I have liked McKinnons style so far. But I like to see a manager who learns. To that end, I truly hope Paul Paton and Leo Fasan dont start today. Fasan is almost forgivable due to Mutch being a real rookie and Mitchell probably not fit.

Paton though, for him not to be sidelined after turning in last weeks shift would be a black mark against Rays decision making. Now I can understand the theory of Paton playing a game like this, and on paper it stands up, but Paton has showed he is incapable or unwilling to do what you have hin doing on the script. So get him tae f**k. McKinnon doesnt seem averse to trying to walk players through the game from the touchline, so fire Sammut in there, coach him through it. Hes a young guy at the start of his career. Give him a job and some responsibility. Screen the defence and look to release the ball early to Petra/Rudden to run onto. Surely he can be more effective than the anonymous Paton?

Aside from that agree with most that defence will probably be the same. A desire for consistency and building of partnerships there will prevail. That and the fact that of all the defenders, Aero was the worst last week and we dont have a rounder peg for that hole.

I would have no real issue with Lewis starting. The flanks were an issie last week with Rudden being forced out to the right. Lewis staked his claim not too badly. His end product needs work but he got into good positions.

And Mackin over Haber for me
If McKee is out then I think Paton will play.

If that back 4 can become a decent unit I'd like to see McGhee in for Paton. Better tackler, better in the air, better on the ball and can actually move

Archived