Progressive politics

17 hours ago, The OP said:

They should ban clapping during political debates and Question Time. It's fucking ridiculous the extent to which people take it these days. Every fucking sentence from whichever side they support. 

Deserves at least 83 greenies.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Extreme lefties and extreme righties are both groups of nutcases with often harmful ideas. But at least the righties accept their ideas will cause harm, they just think it's justifiable. The lefties act like they're the good guys but still spout just as oppressive, harmful, or in this case bat shit crazy stuff. For this reason, despite being naturally a bit lefty, I have more time to listen to and seek to reason with the righties. That's my tuppence worth.

47 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The BBC had a transgender person on newsnight discussing whether it was more inclusive to spell woman as womyn or womxn. The former excludes ethnic minorities and the lower classes. 

Discuss.

Until social media came about I didn't realise how many people don't realise woman is singular and women is plural. The number of Facebook posts going on about 'a women' makes me weep for this country.  

The benefit of womxn is it's a higher score in scrabble. Womyn has a nice, old school, Geoffrey Chaucer look to it.

11 minutes ago, The OP said:

Until social media came about I didn't realise how many people don't realise woman is singular and women is plural. The number of Facebook posts going on about 'a women' makes me weep for this country.  

The benefit of womxn is it's a higher score in scrabble. Womyn has a nice, old school, Geoffrey Chaucer look to it.

I believe there was also a school of thought that wanted to spell it womban, as in womb.

I reckon they ditched the idea when they realised there was too much scope for confusion with wombat.

Archived