Progressive politics

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

And dumb people start threads like this.

I’m a great fan of PB, but can’t help thinking he was bored in #Perthshire today.

Is it possible to be bored in Perthshire?   

No, it's issues like these that Scottish football needs to take a strong progressive stance.     "I believe that children are our future treat them well and let them lead the way"  not by words Brother Blades but the words of dead singer Whitney Houston.    I remember taking my 4 year old niece to her first game and she kept whining about the cold and the noise.    Why couldn't we have went to build a bear and Nandos - she kept asking me.     But we stayed because I'd bought the tickets and it was a tight match.       Hampden for all it's flaws would be perfect for trialing this with it's two scoreboards.    Everytime there's a corner conceded a 'PLEASE NO CLAPPING'  sign could flash up on the big screen.    Would certainly get more families back to the games.  

I’m not completely against your stance on this issue, but feel that flag waving & the stupid jumping up & down at trophy presentations are a more imminent threat to enjoyment at matches.
For instance, I listened to the magnificent Ring Trilogy by Wagner, and I felt compelled to applaud, was I wrong? Similarly, I once had the unique opportunity to meet Mark Owen, superstar & whiny voice of the fantastic Take That, was I wrong to shake his firm, (if ladylike) hand? I think not.
More worryingly, I witnessed on numerous occasions, children as young as 27 celebrating with a jumpy motion as they lifted the Angus welfare league trophy, surely this is more worrying?

10 minutes ago, Menzel said:

For the benefit of all yer das on here, I've been at meetings before that have used this policy and there's literally been no problems in how it's worked.

I've never been at a meeting that I felt like clapping. I usually just watch as my will to live seeps in to the carpet.

20 minutes ago, Menzel said:

For the benefit of all yer das on here, I've been at meetings before that have used this policy and there's literally been no problems in how it's worked.

Will nobody think of people with vision impairment? Imagine David Blunkett trying make a speech and having no idea when to pause for applause. Probably a rare problem for him, but still..  

2 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

I’m not completely against your stance on this issue, but feel that flag waving & the stupid jumping up & down at trophy presentations are a more imminent threat to enjoyment at matches.
For instance, I listened to the magnificent Ring Trilogy by Wagner, and I felt compelled to applaud, was I wrong? Similarly, I once had the unique opportunity to meet Mark Owen, superstar & whiny voice of the fantastic Take That, was I wrong to shake his firm, (if ladylike) hand? I think not.
More worryingly, I witnessed on numerous occasions, children as young as 27 celebrating with a jumpy motion as they lifted the Angus welfare league trophy, surely this is more worrying?

You'd probably get away with it in the Ring Cycle but I got nearly beaten to death for clapping during the Liebestod before the end of Tristan und Isolde. These Wagnerians don't f**k about.

They should ban clapping during political debates and Question Time. It's fucking ridiculous the extent to which people take it these days. Every fucking sentence from whichever side they support. 

Archived