Hearts vs Hibs

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Then your post doesn’t make sense.

I wasn’t replying to your post but rather to Dons_1998 interpretation of it.

It does.

Coin throwing is never acceptable.  But there are two parties here and two sets of responsibilities. 

We have the Hearts fan who threw the coin.  There are no circumstances under which it is acceptable for him to throw the coin, regardless of Neil Lennon's actions.  He or she should not be allowed back to the football and should probably address the personal issues they have that caused them to resort to violence towards Neil Lennon based on a bit of gesturing.

Then there is Neil Lennon.  He is an experienced manager, particularly in the face of abuse and powder keg situations within a crowd.  He knows perfectly well that there are morons out there who will react badly to him behaving antagonistically.  It does not mean he is responsible for the Hearts fans actions.  It is however not unreasonable to suggest to him that he could have taken steps to avoid escalating the situation.

These are separate things.  No one has tried to justify the actions of the Hearts fan.

It is quite simple.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Am glad you can laugh at something so despicable.

I was watching the game with my ten year old nephew, who upon seeing Lennon struck down turned to me and said “uncle Dom, are they trying to kill him because he’s catholic? “

I had to turn away as I could feel the tears welling up. I didn’t have the heart to tell him that he was right.

It's disgusting mate. I hope your wee nephew can overcome the trauma after many many years of therapy. Something that Hearts should really be paying for.

25 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

The 'he brings it on himself' crowd are the exact same people I'd expect to come out with "Aye I'm no sayin' she deserved to get raped like, but when she's away out dressed like that what does she expect?"

Absolute morons.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That is actually a very good comparison.

No it’s not :lol: 

Nobody deserves to get raped, whereas some people deserve a slap across the jaw.

Disclaimer: I am not condoning slapping Neil Lennon across the jaw.

1 minute ago, IainMorton said:

No it’s not :lol: 

Nobody deserves to get raped, whereas some people deserve a slap across the jaw.

Disclaimer: I am not condoning slapping Neil Lennon across the jaw.

No one deserves to get raped but some folk deserve to get physically assaulted.  Mmmm...

Oh no it isn’t.

Nonsense.

Suggesting that the way a woman dresses is in any a provocation for violence is disgusting and is saved for the minds of lunatics.

I don’t think you can say the same for suggesting Neil Lennon is antagonistic.

It's disgusting mate. I hope your wee nephew can overcome the trauma after many many years of therapy. Something that Hearts should really be paying for.

He’s still a bit shook up to be fair. When I saw it in real time I jumped up and shouted “he’s been shot, he’s been shot” the way Lenny went down i honestly thought someone had smuggled a shooter into the game.

Bloody terrifying.

Just now, Dominique Malonga said:

He’s still a bit shook up to be fair. When I saw it in real time I jumped up and shouted “he’s been shot, he’s been shot” the way Lenny went down i honestly thought someone had smuggled a shooter into the game.

Bloody terrifying.

:lol::lol:

39 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Fake news and more delusion from the Hearts supporters. Taken directly from the Heart of Midlothian Football Club website: Attendance: 19,410

That was with a complete and utter sell-out for your biggest game of the season. Meanwhile at Easter Road we have a genuine 20,000+ capacity stadium, so don't try acting like you are in our bracket because you simply are not. Wee team. 

You seem like a complete danger pal.

Raging because someone rounded a number up.

32 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Am glad you can laugh at something so despicable.

I was watching the game with my ten year old nephew, who upon seeing Lennon struck down turned to me and said “uncle Dom, are they trying to kill him because he’s catholic? “

I had to turn away as I could feel the tears welling up. I didn’t have the heart to tell him that he was right.

Big improvement on your lacklustre pre-match work chief, kudos.

In my defence, I threw that coin because I hate gingers

Archived