Hearts vs Hibs

19 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

0 strikers? So Naismith is your only striker, despite the big army Levein brought in over the transfer window?

Well it is Levein, so makes sense I suppose. 

No Naismith isn't our only striker, but MacLean and Uche were also unavailable. As I said, Hibs shat it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

The top line in your comment makes absolutely no sense, like most of your posts on here.

Your club have "supporters" who spew out the billy boys for 90 minutes straight with a combination of red hand and nazi salutes. Bloody weirdos. I have no doubt that the idiot who attacked Lennon was very much in this camp.

Sorry you’re too thick to understand the first part.

So by your logic , does that make the supporter who punched our keeper a tricolour waving , IRA sympathising , bigot?

I doubt it and suspect like our coin thrower he’s simply a fucking moron .

You seethe is making you sound like quite a vile little man tbh 

2 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Sorry you’re too thick to understand the first part.

So by your logic , does that make the supporter who punched our keeper a tricolour waving , IRA sympathising , bigot?

I doubt it and suspect like our coin thrower he’s simply a fucking moron .

You seethe is making you sound like quite a vile little man tbh 

I can only assume you didn't actually see what happened, or bothered to look at a recording of the situation. Your keeper wasn't "punched". He went to collect the ball from a Hibs supporter and someone standing in the row behind him reached out and tapped the side of his face with the inside of his hand. Why he did this is anybodies guess, but there was no scrunched up fist in order to "punch" him. His reaction of being severely injured, then severely fine seconds later pretty much summed up the whole situation.

If you want to remain ignorant to your clubs sectarian problems though, then by all means sash on, m8.

Guest Bob Mahelp
42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not really understanding why some people cant acknowledge Lennons behaviour as a contributing factor in this without placing the blame on Lennon.

The principles of "give it out so take it back" exist only in fantasy land. In reality, Lennon should know how to control his behaviour to best ensure the safety of himself and others.

This is like saying a black person should absolutely have the right to stroll through a KKK march unimpeded. Aye they should have the right. But is it reasonably forseeable that doing so would be foolish and result in harm to one or more parties... Aye it is.

I am aware that its an extreme example but I am just using it to point out that allnof the various rights you have as an individual on paper dont always translate to a heated situation in real life and sometimes its best not to further heat it.

Lennon 100% should not have done what he done because past experience and knowledge of what type of person will be sat in that (and any other) stand as well as the atmosphere at that moment (plus a wee bit common sense) should supercede any ideas of "well they abused me all game."

Read the situation and adjust behaviour, avoid escalation. Its not hard.

Exactly this.

I would suggest a better metaphor is if you walk into pretty much any pub in Scotland and start acting like a d1ck, sooner or later someone will give you a smack.

It's not right, but it's the consequence of you behaving in the way you do....and I'd hazard a guess that pretty much everyone on this board would say you deserved it.

So at what point do we start questioning Lennon's actions ? When do we start to say that every action leads to reaction, and that maybe if he could keep himself under control in the first place then what happened, maybe wouldn't have happened ?

I've said it before, that I truly hope that Lennon gets help with his mental health issues before they destroy him. 

5 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

I can only assume you didn't actually see what happened, or bothered to look at a recording of the situation. Your keeper wasn't "punched". He went to collect the ball from a Hibs supporter and someone standing in the row behind him reached out and tapped the side of his face with the inside of his hand. Why he did this is anybodies guess, but there was no scrunched up fist in order to "punch" him. His reaction of being severely injured, then severely fine seconds later pretty much summed up the whole situation.

If you want to remain ignorant to your clubs sectarian problems though, then by all means sash on, m8.

And your manager wasn't hit in the face with a coin but went down clutching it and continued to say he was.  

The reactions of Zlamal and Lennon don't make it any less stupid from either sets of fans.  How they reacted isn't the issue, it's that they had something to react to in the first place.

6 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Oh dear !!

These glasses are even more tinted than I thought they were.

Imo you’re sounding a bit of a bigot yourself here , so I’ll just let you carry on with your tainted views and opinions a I can’t be arsed with that kind of shit 

The number of people desperate to produce metaphors to defend what happened last night is amazing.

Regardless of his previous behaviour, there was very little wrong with what Lennon did last night.

If that had been any other club's manager, it would have been written off as a good laugh, but because it was Lennon, people are jumping over themselves to provide mitigation for the cuntery of the Hearts fans.

57 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not really understanding why some people cant acknowledge Lennons behaviour as a contributing factor in this without placing the blame on Lennon.

The principles of "give it out so take it back" exist only in fantasy land. In reality, Lennon should know how to control his behaviour to best ensure the safety of himself and others.

This is like saying a black person should absolutely have the right to stroll through a KKK march unimpeded. Aye they should have the right. But is it reasonably forseeable that doing so would be foolish and result in harm to one or more parties... Aye it is.

I am aware that its an extreme example but I am just using it to point out that allnof the various rights you have as an individual on paper dont always translate to a heated situation in real life and sometimes its best not to further heat it.

Lennon 100% should not have done what he done because past experience and knowledge of what type of person will be sat in that (and any other) stand as well as the atmosphere at that moment (plus a wee bit common sense) should supercede any ideas of "well they abused me all game."

Read the situation and adjust behaviour, avoid escalation. Its not hard.

That is apologism.  There are two positions:

a) It is unacceptable for someone at a football match to throw a coin...

b) It is unacceptable for someone at a football match to throw a coin but...

Position b) is not justifiable.

Lennon acting like a dick and getting abuse is one thing, Lennon acting as a dick and getting a coin thrown at him is something else.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That is apologism.  There are two positions:

a) It is unacceptable for someone at a football match to throw a coin...

b) It is unacceptable for someone at a football match to throw a coin but...

Position b) is not justifiable.

Lennon acting like a dick and getting abuse is one thing, Lennon acting as a dick and getting a coin thrown at him is something else.

You're talking about an ideal world.

Bairnardo is talking about the real world.

4 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Make absolutely no mistake about it, the guy that threw that coin intended to kill Neil Lennon with a headshot.

We’ve witnessed an attempted murder live on TV and i expect the culprit to be tracked down and dealt with accordingly.

Victoria Cross?

Folk go on about Lennon acting like a dick during the game, but surely the incident only took 10 seconds or so at the most?

So 10 seconds of giving it back to a fanbase who had been giving it to him for most likely the majority of the match doesn't really sound unreasonable.

I've seen players give it back to a group of fans that I was in the midst of. I never once even thought about physically assaulting them or lobbing an object at them. I actually think it's pretty funny.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You're talking about an ideal world.

Bairnardo is talking about the real world.

In the real world, if somebody tossed coins at anybody who laughed at them, they would be dragged away to the looney bin.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Folk go on about Lennon acting like a dick during the game, but surely the incident only took 10 seconds or so at the most?

So 10 seconds of giving it back to a fanbase who had been giving it to him for most likely the majority of the match doesn't really sound unreasonable.

I've seen players give it back to a group of fans that I was in the midst of. I never once even thought about physically assaulting them or lobbing an object at them. I actually think it's pretty funny.

It's not unreasonable.  There's no excuse for the reaction of the fan.

Archived