Calling Cards of Morons

People who watch love island. How people can find anything entertaining about it is puzzling. Oh look, two brainless Wannabees are trying to shag each other. Watch something a bit more educational FFS.

6 hours ago, philpy said:

People who watch love island. How people can find anything entertaining about it is puzzling. Oh look, two brainless Wannabees are trying to shag each other.

Can't people just go to a nightclub and watch those people try to shag each other?

Football fans who repeat the line "it's a short career" when justifying player X getting stupid wages.

As far as I'm aware their isn't a law that stops football players from earning after they retire from playing and in many cases a lot of players go on to make even more money after they've stopped playing.

Frank Lampard is probably on more now as Chelsea manager than he was ever on as a player yet I bet his agent played the short career card when negotiating his last Chelsea deal.

I get why agents lie (no better than lawyers) to get players a better deal but for a guy who earns less than £30k a year to stand with his mates and repeat that shite as though it's true is fucking moronic and boils my piss.

Football fans who repeat the line "it's a short career" when justifying player X getting stupid wages.
As far as I'm aware their isn't a law that stops football players from earning after they retire from playing and in many cases a lot of players go on to make even more money after they've stopped playing.
Frank Lampard is probably on more now as Chelsea manager than he was ever on as a player yet I bet his agent played the short career card when negotiating his last Chelsea deal.
I get why agents lie (no better than lawyers) to get players a better deal but for a guy who earns less than £30k a year to stand with his mates and repeat that shite as though it's true is fucking moronic and boils my piss.

The short career argument isn’t used to justify their wages, it’s to justify why a player may prioritise wages when choosing what club/league to play in. Like why so many young Scottish players go to England and spend a lot of time on the bench making money.

It IS a short career and I’d suggest you having an issue with someone trying to maximise their earnings during it is simply your issue.

Also frank lampard is a terrible example given there’s a decent chance he’ll be unemployed again by Christmas.

Your complaint has some credence if you’re discussing the very top footballers who clearly earn enough during their careers to sort themselves for life. But the vast majority don’t earn enough in that 15-20 year period to not need a career afterwards.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

The short career argument isn’t used to justify their wages, it’s to justify why a player may prioritise wages when choosing what club/league to play in. Like why so many young Scottish players go to England and spend a lot of time on the bench making money.

It IS a short career and I’d suggest you having an issue with someone trying to maximise their earnings during it is simply your issue.

Also frank lampard is a terrible example given there’s a decent chance he’ll be unemployed again by Christmas.

Your complaint has some credence if you’re discussing the very top footballers who clearly earn enough during their careers to sort themselves for life. But the vast majority don’t earn enough in that 15-20 year period to not need a career afterwards.

I doubt you could have missed my point anymore if you tried.

Also Lampard isn't a terrible example and even on that small point you missed the point completely.

Lampard it also seems has an agreement in place to not be sacked quickly due to losing their best player and transfer ban.

Other than that you're correct

I doubt you could have missed my point anymore if you tried.
Also Lampard isn't a terrible example and even on that small point you missed the point completely.
Lampard it also seems has an agreement in place to not be sacked quickly due to losing their best player and transfer ban.
Other than that you're correct

You are absolutely right. I do not see your point.

12 hours ago, philpy said:

People who watch love island. How people can find anything entertaining about it is puzzling. Oh look, two brainless Wannabees are trying to shag each other. Watch something a bit more educational FFS.

When I was a wean, I remember somebody famous being annoyed when Blind Date first started, saying that eventually TV was going to degenerate into a couple of people being put in a room together to see if they'll f**k in front of the cameras.

I've managed to miss this Love Island thing, but am I right in assuming that this prediction has basically come true?

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

^^^Newcastle fan

I was just starting to worry that you'd gone out for the day and been put in a coma by an angry rollerblader. Glad to see you back posting, even if it it with the aid of a stylus strapped to your forehead. 

Edited by Shandon Par

21 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I was just starting to worry that you'd gone out for the day and been put in a coma by and angry rollerblader. Glad to see you back posting, even if it it with the aid of a stylus strapped to your forehead. 

I've been holidaying on foreign soil in Englandshire for a few weeks and any posts I made during that time would have been even less coherent than usual so I just took a back seat which is probably the best for everyone really. 

Just now, Dee Man said:

I've been holidaying on foreign soil in Englandshire for a few weeks and any posts I made during that time would have been even less coherent than usual so I just took a back seat which is probably the best for everyone really. 

Good to know you are safe. I will be holidaying in Dundeeshire (near Edzell)  next week. 

22 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Utter pish, about 99% of footballers will NOT have a career in football after their playing days are over.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Lives in Australia. Goes on holiday to England. 

🤔