Calling Cards of Morons

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I always tell people to fire into their food if I'm waiting on mine - I don't want people to let their food get cold just so that we can all start eating at the exact same time. 

Having said that, if anyone starts first without getting the nod then I think they're bad mannered c***s. 

What it its gazpacho?

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

If yer gonna chat to someone in store.
Can you do that standing outside the store so I can do my job, then once you are finished yer chat you can carry on shopping.
Nothing worse than people with trolleys standing in middle of aisle talking while I try do my job.

When I'm chatting with someone in an aisle of Tesco - on occasion a Tesco employee - I always move out of the way if someone is trying to stack shelves, stock take, whatever.

*Other supermarkets are available.

Edited by Jacksgranda
grandma

In what way? In all three cases, the person is going to be doing their job anyway, just at a different time.
There are a few reasons how these things are entirely different but here's some. A waiter in a lot of restaurants will be assigned certain tables so you're his/hers responsibility. There will likely be a time allocated to the table which is why a waiter will come to you rather than you just going up and ordering whenever you like.*

A check-out assistant's job is to sit and serve anyone who comes up to them for however many hours. If you stand and talk for 3 hours in a shop it won't impact their job in any way (If you took that long to deal with a waiter I expect management would have been involved long before then for the reasons already mentioned). If you missed the bus or train that also wouldn't have any impact on their job because they wouldn't even know you were planning on getting on the vehicle.

* FWIW I don't think it's rude to ask the waiter politely for a bit more time.

When I'm chatting with someone in an aisle of Tesco - on occasion a Tesco employee - I always move out of the way if someone is trying to stack shelves, stock take, whatever.
*Other supermarkets are available.
9 times out of 10 it's usually right in the middle of the aisle which leads to congestion. So what I usually do ( I stock take mainly ) , is go and do something else and then go back to the aisle that was busy earlier on, sort of like when a waiter is waiting to serve someone but can see people are in a middle of a conversation.
Here to serve to the public.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/workers-left-devastated-as-tesco-store-in-dundee-city-centre-to-close/

Unlike this store however :-(

It's telling that the people who are raging about so called rude people in restaurants having the temerity to want to have a blether and not order immediately don't work as waiters, while those of us who do work as waiters are giving it a massive Partridge shrug.

I work as a waiter (TGI Friday's, Aberdeen Beach) and I also take an absolute age to order in restaurants. I'm too busy blethering. Why? I've gone to the restaurant to catch up with my pals, which is why most people go to restaurants. It doesn't impact my work if someone wants to take their time. Actually, if I have loads of tables already, it's a fuckin godsend when a table (especially a large table) want to take their time. If they have to be out by a certain time, and they're still there, then the next table will either be placed elsewhere or will get a wee bit knocked off their bill because of a long wait. Again, none of this has any impact on me. None. 

So by all means take your sweet time in a restaurant, and leave a dece tip.

Now can we get back on to talking about morons please?

Thank you.

40 minutes ago, velo army said:

It's telling that the people who are raging about so called rude people in restaurants having the temerity to want to have a blether and not order immediately don't work as waiters, while those of us who do work as waiters are giving it a massive Partridge shrug.

I work as a waiter (TGI Friday's, Aberdeen Beach) and I also take an absolute age to order in restaurants. I'm too busy blethering. Why? I've gone to the restaurant to catch up with my pals, which is why most people go to restaurants. It doesn't impact my work if someone wants to take their time. Actually, if I have loads of tables already, it's a fuckin godsend when a table (especially a large table) want to take their time. If they have to be out by a certain time, and they're still there, then the next table will either be placed elsewhere or will get a wee bit knocked off their bill because of a long wait. Again, none of this has any impact on me. None. 

So by all means take your sweet time in a restaurant, and leave a dece tip.

Now can we get back on to talking about morons please?

Thank you.

It's real restuarants we're talking about.