Calling Cards of Morons

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Not condoning any violence but I'm quite surprised that the bloke didn't find that someone had racked his balls. 

Well, with all the balls likely being orange, except his, they didn’t know what to shoot for, and even if they did, two white ones would confuse them.

23 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Can they not just ditch the fences altogether? I'm sure there are far fewer fatalities in flat racing.

According to the protestor on JV the other day a horse died one time on a flat race so they want that banned as well, apparently. 

22 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

These animals should be thankful they have a life of luxury rather than no life at all. 

FTFY. 

20 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think this is the thread that had the Grand National chat on.  Here's a video from the protesters about their treatment

"He kept calling me a little p***k"

"Will somebody please think of the privileged upper middle class students!?" 

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I think this is the thread that had the Grand National chat on.  Here's a video from the protesters about their treatment

"He kept calling me a little p***k"

I for one will never watch another protest such as this again after reading this!

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

According to the protestor on JV the other day a horse died one time on a flat race so they want that banned as well, apparently. 

Because one group would like racing banned, doesn't mean the sport should not be required to minimise the risk of injuries and fatalities. Taking away the jumps would seem entirely sensible.  

16 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Because one group would like racing banned, doesn't mean the sport should not be required to minimise the risk of injuries and fatalities. Taking away the jumps would seem entirely sensible.  

I'm not sure who you're arguing with here.  

35 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Right, then we need to adopt walking football rules to protect knees, ban heading the ball, and introduce a metal wall that teams can roll out to place in front of free kicks in lieu of a human wall (unless we can use those out of work race horses); all to to reduce the chances of injury.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Human beings get to choose to take part in football.

Horses could (and do) choose not to jump a fence tbf.

Should equestrianism be banned?

Edited by Todd_is_God

But they have people on their back with whips. The argument that humans choose to take part in dangerous sports and therefore horses dying isn't actually an issue about the weakest argument there is.

Personally I find any sport involving animals a bit distasteful, and having been to horse racing a couple of times I don't think I'd go back, but I don't have enough knowledge of how they're actually treated to have a definitive opinion either way. I do think it's entirely reasonable to actually listen to and engage with people who are suggesting it should be made safer, given the rate of death associated with the sport for unwilling participants.

Edited by craigkillie

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I do think it's entirely reasonable to actually listen to and engage with people who are suggesting it should be made safer, given the rate of death associated with the sport for unwilling participants.

I don't believe that militant protest groups should be given the time of day tbh. For anything.

Shouting and stamping your feet about something you believe should happen because it goes against your values doesn't mean you need to be listened to.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Right, then we need to adopt walking football rules to protect knees, ban heading the ball, and introduce a metal wall that teams can roll out to place in front of free kicks in lieu of a human wall (unless we can use those out of work race horses); all to to reduce the chances of injury.

There is every possibility that football will need to look into heading in the sport in the not so distant future. Other than that, it's down to most humans having the capacity to make an informed choice. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't believe that militant protest groups should be given the time of day tbh. For anything.

Shouting and stamping your feet about something you believe should happen because it goes against your values doesn't mean you need to be listened to.

How do you feel they should be making this point?

4 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Do humans get whipped repeatedly for not wanting to play football?

Whips aren't used to make horses jump. Their use is already limited, well regulated, and bans handed out.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

How do you feel they should be making this point?

I don't really care tbh. But shouting loudly doesn't make you right.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Whips aren't used to make horses jump. Their use is already limited, well regulated, and bans handed out.

I don't really care tbh. But shouting loudly doesn't make you right.

On race courses, yes. When they’re being trained? You don’t have a clue.