Calling Cards of Morons

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

In a previous job I had to visit every station in the Strathclyde area and confirm that it is certainly a contender.

Others include:

Shotts

IBM

(almost all in Inverclyde)

Renton

Off the top of my head, but basically hunnerz.

Dumbarton East surely also on that list.

11 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Dumbarton East surely also on that list.

Most stations next to lower division grounds tend to be bleak. 

Mount Florida

Kirkcaldy

Cowdenbeath

Croy

Montrose

Arbroath

Larbert

Alloa

Airdrie

Most at least are within walking distance of a half-decent boozer. 

35 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Or, I had to get a train home once after getting off a flight at Glasgow airport,  the station near St Mirren's park was a bit worrying to be standing at with my wee daughter.

Is it St James,  it's called? 

Yes, Paisley St James. Sounds rather grand. 

If they'd called it Ferguslie Park nobody would ever get off though.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'll broaden the discussionimageproxy.php?img=&key=bd729091e51e729aimageproxy.php?img=&key=bd729091e51e729aimageproxy.php?img=&key=bd729091e51e729a. I stayed on the train at Middlesbrough thinking the train had stopped at a derelict platform to let another train past. The conductor had to explain that was it, I had arrived, fortunately I was only changing trains. 

Some of the rail infrastructure in England north of Birmingham is shockingly bad.

For all the really hurtful comments about beautiful Lanarkshire, we in Scotland are pretty well served in comparison.

Rather too well served in places (Inverclyde 😆)

Folk who park in a parent and child space when they don't have any children in the car.
Sorry, it's not for if you have children, it's for if you have children with you, you lazy, daft arseholes.  See so much of it at places like Aldi and Asda.
It's not limited to filthy shitholes like Asda though.

I don't know why but cunty parking gets my goat up more than just about any other social behaviour. If you're just going to ignore massive signs and painted signs the size of a car in the spaces then you're probably a c**t who should be for watching.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'll broaden the discussionimageproxy.php?img=&key=bd729091e51e729aimageproxy.php?img=&key=bd729091e51e729aimageproxy.php?img=&key=bd729091e51e729a. I stayed on the train at Middlesbrough thinking the train had stopped at a derelict platform to let another train past. The conductor had to explain that was it, I had arrived, fortunately I was only changing trains. 

Had to wait here for an hour for a connecting train on a 3 hour journey from Wrexham to Liverpool, a distance of 34 miles. It reminded me of post nuclear holocaust films.

image.thumb.png.0c1ee41de329f07aed0ce52cff64378d.png

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Or, I had to get a train home once after getting off a flight at Glasgow airport,  the station near St Mirren's park was a bit worrying to be standing at with my wee daughter.

Is it St James,  it's called? 

How did you get from the airport to St James?

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

Some of the rail infrastructure in England north of Birmingham is shockingly bad.

For all the really hurtful comments about beautiful Lanarkshire, we in Scotland are pretty well served in comparison.

Rather too well served in places (Inverclyde 😆)

Indeed, with the opening of Robroyston, Glasgow has 60 train stations within the city, easily the largest number in the UK outwith London.

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

Rest of the family were collecting the car from the park & ride close to there, so I sneaked onto the courtesy bus like a Syrian refugee. 

I see. There is no public transport from the airport to PSJ and the station has only 2 trains per hour in each direction. Better to get the bus to PGS.