Calling Cards of Morons

On 10/08/2020 at 12:50, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

In a similar vein, a friend of mine once claimed that the best way to profit from sports betting was to bet systematically every week on NFL teams with black quarterbacks and/or coaches as they were generally underestimated by the bookies. 

As a Los Angeles Chargers fan, I can state with some authority this is absolute shite.

Shops rearranging aisles. Normally a PTTGOMN but given the state of the world just now I'd say it belongs in here. I get why they do it 'in peace time' but FFS, right now they should be wanting people in and out as quickly as possible. Not making folk take longer trying to find where they've moved things to.

Now is the perfect time for them to do it to maximise profits. 

The things you pick up that you don't need you should use a perfectly legal loophole and put into your pocket (or bag) to try at home before coming back and purchasing on your next trip. 

Absolutely this. There's a kebab place on the other side of the city that literally always has a queue whenever I've been in the area. It's meant to be award winning and I've seen it where the queue has been around 30 people deep.

Tried it once and the food was absolutely bowfing. There are plenty good kebab places dotted around the place but this was genuinely stinking. 

It's like if people saw a queue for anything, they'll join it because they're a dribbling simpleton. Same with nightclubs. I did a little bit when I was in my late teens but if the queue was too long, f**k that shit. I'm not standing waiting around to go in somewhere where the music is probably sh*t, it's a nightmare to get served and in general not have a great time. 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Same with nightclubs. I did a little bit when I was in my late teens but if the queue was too long, f**k that shit. I'm not standing waiting around to go in somewhere where the music is probably sh*t, it's a nightmare to get served and in general not have a great time. 

... and it was probably empty inside too as the bouncers attempt to make a soulless pit look popular. 

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Absolutely this. There's a kebab place on the other side of the city that literally always has a queue whenever I've been in the area. It's meant to be award winning and I've seen it where the queue has been around 30 people deep.

When we were in Berlin we were looking for something to eat and noticed that this food van had a ridiculous queue for it at almost all times of the day. We thought to ourselves it must be tremendous so queued up for about half an hour to get a fairly straightforward kebab. Couldn't understand it.

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

When we were in Berlin we were looking for something to eat and noticed that this food van had a ridiculous queue for it at almost all times of the day. We thought to ourselves it must be tremendous so queued up for about half an hour to get a fairly straightforward kebab. Couldn't understand it.

It's the same as the "ice-cream vans" that flit about Scotland with a single tub of hard-scoop vanilla and a dusty selection of out-of-date sweeties from Poundland - everyone's there for the off-menu items.

Tried it once and the food was absolutely bowfing. There are plenty good kebab places dotted around the place but this was genuinely stinking. 
It's like if people saw a queue for anything, they'll join it because they're a dribbling simpleton. Same with nightclubs. I did a little bit when I was in my late teens but if the queue was too long, f**k that shit. I'm not standing waiting around to go in somewhere where the music is probably sh*t, it's a nightmare to get served and in general not have a great time. 

I'm on board with this.....there's a couple of places in Perth like this. China China - maybe not quite so much now but at one time folk would rave like mad about and you'd see queues down the street. Perhaps folk have realised that the place is a bit of a fraud and there's many better Chinese places in the town as it's rarely busy now.

Another one, funnily enough just across the road is what's known as Mike's Chippy, that's not it's proper name and I can't remember what it is but they regularly cause absolute chaos at Craigie Cross with people dumping cars wherever they want so they can wait 25 minutes for a take away Fish Supper. Is it really that good that you'd wait that long to be served and in the process hold up buses and the like by irresponsibly parking? It might be that good I don't know but you're a moron if you take that option, just go somewhere else of you see it's that fucking busy.

16 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I can only assume that was Mustafa’s Gemüse Kebab and I must say you are wrong. The kebabs are fantastic from there, however the top tip for any visitors to Berlin is to sample the kebab from Hackesher Markt instead, where there is regularly no queue. 

China China gets amazing reviews both on social media and by a handful of complete nutters I know who regularly drive the half hour to Perth for a bit of food. 
It seems to aye but the very few times I have had stuff from there it's meh at best. Certainly doesn't seem worth the kind of hassle you mention, anyway.

16 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

I can only assume that was Mustafa’s Gemüse Kebab and I must say you are wrong. The kebabs are fantastic from there, however the top tip for any visitors to Berlin is to sample the kebab from Hackesher Markt instead, where there is regularly no queue. 

I couldn't tell you if it was there but I didn't think it was anything special. Had much better in Amsterdam. Hackesher Markt is noted for future reference.

People who reply to a tweet from the official account of the club they support with 'announce a left back!; when the tweet is about something completely different like merchandise or a new sponsorship deal with a local firm.

There's a couple of The Caley fans who are absolute cunts for this.

On 19/08/2020 at 09:33, Stellaboz said:

If in Berlin, simply go eat at one of the Markthalles. We stayed with friends who lived in Kreuzberg and we went I believe Marheineke Markthalle and the food we ate from there over a few days was incredible. 

I second this. Berlin and the food are fantastic. As kebabs were being discussed prior to this, one of the best things about getting a kebab in Germany is how they almost feel healthy; as-in you don’t feel your arteries narrow or your arse wanting to collapse  after eating one.

17 hours ago, TheScarf said:

People who reply to a tweet from the official account of the club they support with 'announce a left back!; when the tweet is about something completely different like merchandise or a new sponsorship deal with a local firm.

There's a couple of The Caley fans who are absolute c***s for this.

Falkirk fans are up there with the O.F for being the absolute worst for this.

Edited by 8MileBU