Calling Cards of Morons

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Liam McLeod is a c**t for hundreds of reasons. I wouldn't call your dad a c**t just for that. If that's his only crime on the McLeod scale then "divot" would suffice.

I've met Liam McLeod. He's actually a really nice guy. 

15 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Nothing to do with betting but the first SuperBowl winning black quarterback (Doug Williams with the 87 Redskins) was asked at the media day “How long have you been a black quarterback?” emoji848.png

😂🙈

Reminds me of the receptionist at the hospital who, after checking if the rest of my details (address / phone number etc) had changed, asked me with a straight face if my date of birth was still the same.

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Another one I hate is saying nothing in a football score. That w**k Liam McLeod does it all the time, eg. It's still 2 nothing here. No it's not, it's 2 nil. p***k.

I'm old enough to be the opposite it's 2 nothing. 2 nil is modern nonsense from the likes of Tony Gubba and Brian Moore

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I fully believe you didn't, ya scary b*****d! You're correct with the number but I don't have a landline phone emoji14.png I don't see what use they have nowadays tbh.

The landline phone is excellent for folk 50+ as a source of complaint.

They tell you how every time they answer the ruddy thing it's a nuisance call. When you tell them to get rid of it they stare at you as though your head is swivelling

On 10/08/2020 at 10:15, DiegoDiego said:
On 09/08/2020 at 04:34, Theroadlesstravelled said:
Is betting ever week on Celtic for 30 sheets profit at the end of the season the calling card of a moron or not?

A 10% return on investment over eight months? Where did you invest that did better than that?

There are literally loads of places, such as:

On 10/08/2020 at 15:21, Honest_Man#1 said:

Baillie Gifford Scottish Mortgage.

Which has given an 81% rise in value in the past 12 months (can't be arsed looking at the 8 month cut off, trading212 looks at 3 months, then a year).

Some more examples of a year or less with much more growth include Apple (118%), Lithium Americas (126%), Gold (18.5%), Global Clean Energy (50%). There are countless more. 

I still bet obvs though, cos it's a good laugh. The idea of betting Celtic every week for a 30 quid profit is so soul crushing.

Got the absolute fear over american stocks while we're vaguely talking about them. Folk on here have said they've put a pile of dosh into funds that buy S&P500 companies whose prices seem completely disconnected from their fundamentals, all cos the federal reserve is buying corporate bonds left right and centre.
Stonks always go up m8.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Got the absolute fear over american stocks while we're vaguely talking about them. Folk on here have said they've put a pile of dosh into funds that buy S&P500 companies whose prices seem completely disconnected from their fundamentals, all cos the federal reserve is buying corporate bonds left right and centre.

Do you have much in american stocks? I have a load in Apple, Peloton and Lithium Americas but nothing else really. Have a little bit in a S&P500 ETF as well. 

I'm no expert at all btw, but my portfolio is relatively balanced and over the last few years has grown a lot. It seems like when anything takes a hit, gains elsewhere balance it off so that I'm never more than a oercentage point or two out.  Totally expecting to be left penniless tho.

4 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

As long as the printer doesn't break you'll be fine.