St Mirren vs Motherwell Halloween Relegation Horrorshow

I got stuck in the *** traffic on the m74 and then in the queue to get in the away end for a good 20 minutes so I missed a fair chunk of the first half. David Turnbull and Bigi brought composure to that midfield and we actually passed it about a bit. Bigi and Grimshaws off the ball runs made space for Cadden and Tait as well. That was easily our best performance since Dens and it was because we had that composure.

Turnbull looks a cracking player. The amount of times Grimshaw took us from one half to another and his general work rate has him as my man of the match. I haven’t enjoyed a goal as much as Cadden’s for a while. It was a good bounce and a decent passing move.

St Mirren just didn’t have anything up front and didn’t really carry a threat. The red card looked like he caught Tait ridiculously high. Looked a red but would need to see it again.

Hopefully the club deal with the fanny who invaded the pitch and then slipped on his arse. Twat.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Endeavour with a bit of reward tonight.

Grimshaw isn't much of a baller, but his runs open up so much space, and Cadden with space to run into and with Grimshaw in front of him makes so much more sense. 

Anton Ferdinand is the least mobile footballer I've ever seen.

1 minute ago, thisGRAEME said:

Endeavour with a bit of reward tonight.

Grimshaw isn't much of a baller, but his runs open up so much space, and Cadden with space to run into and with Grimshaw in front of him makes so much more sense. 

Anton Ferdinand is the least mobile footballer I've ever seen.

f**k all that nonsense, how were the beans? #beans

2 hours ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Not a great sign of quality when Ryan Edwards has been the best player on the park.

I’d give him man of the match based purely on his swan dive in the box, best I’ve seen in ages

I was wondering about the dive, he seemed to go up the way which isn't the obvions route when trying to con the ref.  Also I wasn't looking for a red when I saw the tackle although the players around it reacted quickly, the clip I have seen looked like the tackle was high but not particularly dangerous.

14 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

We've had some horror shows this season but I couldn't see St. Mirren taking any positives from that game tonight. Was that a fairly typical performance?

The lack of effort was especially poor but going forward we were absolutely at standard tonight.

There's not many in that team should survive past January for me. 

It's a shame Ryan Flynn got sent off as well as before that tackle, he'd actually convinced me that ghosts did exist on this halloween night.

The absolute most absent performance I've seen (or rather, not seen) in a St. Mirren shirt since Stuart Carswell was haunting the place.

That dive from Ryan Edwards - wow! He looked rightly shame-faced and didn't argue with his booking.

It did get me thinking though, Edwards gets caught diving and gets a yellow card. Jones dived for Kilmarnock- it's not spotted and he gets a two game ban retrospectively. Same offence but completely different punishments only based on whether the ref sees it or not.

If I told you before the match that St. Mirren had scored 2 goals in the last 10 league matches, after the match you'd have wondered where they got 2 goals from in a mere 900 minutes of football.

They are definitely going down.  That's a lower league side and you'd be charitable to mean 'Championship'.

As for us, turns out bringing actual footballers into the team can be beneficial.  Won't get too excited though until we beat a team as high flying as St. Johnstone or Livingston.

23 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

That dive from Ryan Edwards - wow! He looked rightly shame-faced and didn't argue with his booking.

It did get me thinking though, Edwards gets caught diving and gets a yellow card. Jones dived for Kilmarnock- it's not spotted and he gets a two game ban retrospectively. Same offence but completely different punishments only based on whether the ref sees it or not.

I think the assumption is that you've conned the ref so deserve a harsher punishment. Also used as a deterrent to show how much it is frowned on by "the beaks" (copyright James traynor) 

58 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

We've had some horror shows this season but I couldn't see St. Mirren taking any positives from that game tonight. Was that a fairly typical performance?

It was worse than usual at home, but not that out of character. We're shite - our summer business was the worst bit of trading since Nick Leeson and our squad has terrible football players and no balance. 

Frankly we have a bigger job than we did this stage 2 years ago post Rae. There was some talent in that squad. 

Archived