The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

I'm by no means a hardcore F1 fan. I'd definitely fall under the "casual fan" categoery.

I simply do not understand the pressure being heaped on Perez from his own team to improve performances. He's miles off Verstapopen - but that's what they want? They don't seem to want a 2nd driver in the other car seriously challenging Max.

Perez is second in the championship and will most likely stay there. 

As an outsider looking in, Red Bull don't want their second driver being competitive with Max - he seemingly won;t get near Max, but will probably finish second.

So what exactly is the issue here? 

I see Beverley Turner, who was part of ITV’s F1 coverage back in the day, now earns a living talking pish on GBNews and has been defending Russell Brand.

Between her and Jake “High Performance” Humphrey, it would appear Grand Prix car exhaust fumes can melt brain cells.

Was reading a bit about the 2008 Massa legal bid. What I don't get is it is about Singapore but surely it would only end up with Hamilton getting more points as would be second with an Alonso DQ. Massa drove out of the pit with his fuel hose which wasn't Renault's doing.