The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

18 minutes ago, virginton said:

Lap 23: 'If there's anyone who knows how to keep his tyres for later in the race, it's Lewis.' 🤡

Lap 48: Hamilton now mewling at his team for not having good enough tyres later in the race. 

If only he had the choice not to shred his second set by setting a string of fastest laps straight away. 🤡

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Lap 48: Hamilton now mewling at his team for not having good enough tyres later in the race. 

If only he had the choice not to shred his second set by setting a string of fastest laps straight away. 🤡

It's a career-long theme, and why I'll never entertain anyone putting him in the same bracket as the true GOAT's like Schumi and Senna

He has practically no racecraft and a complete inability to think on the hoof. He consistently acts like he has absolutely no agency when it comes to strategy and tyre choice, then whenever it goes tits up, it's a stream of blame and accusations levelled at the team. He's a fucking twat, even by F1 driver standards.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Crofty needs to shut the f**k up about Verstappen sim racing.

Funny thing about it is me and a few guys I sim with have run into Verstappen and Norris in lobbies from time to time, and on the track he's every bit the elbows out arsehole he is in real-life, and he's known for throwing crashy tantrums if you have the temerity to race him.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Are McLaren not thinking that Lando has a hope in the drivers championship?  He's 2nd overall and needs every point to try and narrow the gap to Max.  I get it's unlikely that he can catch him but surely to f**k you focus on the bigger picture?

If I was in Piastri's position I would be angry at the the team for waiting too long for pitting rather than anything Norris is doing. The team created the situation. Was this deliberate? Sneaky preferential treatment?