The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Whenever Ferrari orchestrate a 1-2 position: disgraceful cheapening of the Corinthian values of motor sport. 

Whenever McLaren orchestrate a 1-2 position: The Only Correct Thing to Do.

Fooling absolutely no-one.

Are you referring to Austria? Absolutely not the same situation 

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Piastri sounds absolutely thrilled with his win

Always think it's a bit mickey-mouse when you get a sympathy maiden win handed to you. Fair enough, a W goes down as a W in the record books regardless, but it's not the same as a win on merit.

Worst of all was Mika being handed a win by a different team.

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

Always think it's a bit mickey-mouse when you get a sympathy maiden win handed to you. Fair enough, a W goes down as a W in the record books regardless, but it's not the same as a win on merit.

Worst of all was Mika being handed a win by a different team.

Piastri deserved to win this race, he was quicker at the start and after the first stop, he wasn't handed anything.

If I was Norris the thing I'd be more pissed off with is Piastri's lack of pace after that final stop giving him no opportunity to win.

If he had closed up earlier Norris would have let him by and, with the pace he had, would probably have been able to pass him on track if he had 10/15 laps to do it.

Just now, Mr. Brightside said:

Piastri deserved to win this race, he was quicker at the start and after the first stop, he wasn't handed anything.

He wasn't quicker in the final stint though, and like Norris said, he would have gone the opposite way on strat and won the race anyway.

4 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

'Multi-21' was the closest when Webber nearly thumped the glass of water down on the table

I was at the race and was flying down to Singapore a few hours after the race,loads of Aussies heading home in the airport going mental when some of the RB team came through customs 

Just now, Mr. Brightside said:

But Lando was quicker after the 2nd pit stop? Lando would have won the race if they'd pitted the other way round.

The Red Bull fall out of the tree continues, branches hit on the way down.

Will the panic button be pushed?

That Perez mistake in quali, getting dumped out in Q1 again has got to be on their thoughts.

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

He wasn't quicker in the final stint though, and like Norris said, he would have gone the opposite way on strat and won the race anyway.

Because he was doing what the team asked and protecting his tyres? Also I don't believe Norris would've passed him on track either.

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

It absolutely is the same situation. 

Nope. 

Barrichello pole and was leading comfortably. The pass also took place in the final few metres. He got absolutely shafted. 

Schumacher was given the P1 for championship points and went on to win the title.

None of the above is what happened here. 

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If I was Norris the thing I'd be more pissed off with is Piastri's lack of pace after that final stop giving him no opportunity to win.

If he had closed up earlier Norris would have let him by and, with the pace he had, would probably have been able to pass him on track if he had 10/15 laps to do it.

They asked Norris to swap right after the stops. If he'd done it right away, he would've had those laps. His own fault really.