The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Di Resta was always going to be canned for not being Hamiltony enough 

Sky had far too many F1 pundits, so I imagine cutting Herbert was a bit of a no brainer. He seems like a nice guy, but he rarely ever says anything memorable.

I read that Di Resta is on a full time racing schedule this year, so that could be why he is gone.

Is being vaccinated still going be a requirement to get into the paddock this season? I mostly like Rosberg's analysis, but it's a bit crap when he can only join in via his rubbish webcam.

On 27/01/2023 at 15:51, scottsdad said:

Charles Leclerc has been told that there is no number 1 and number 2 Ferrari driver this year. Equal status.

Not sure if this means much - Sainz keeps running out of talent when it matters.

Things like this sound good in theory, but always fall apart when it comes down to them racing each other, or, after a few races, protecting the one who has a shot at the title.

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Weight an issue again?

Aye. The max weight limit is dropping by 2kg this season. If most of the grid is going for minimum paint, then Crofty will be struggling even more than usual to tell the difference between teams.

On 07/02/2023 at 11:59, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Aye. The max weight limit is dropping by 2kg this season. If most of the grid is going for minimum paint, then Crofty will be struggling even more than usual to tell the difference between teams.

Even if the drivers had their names emblazoned on the rear wing, he would struggle.