The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

19 hours ago, scottsdad said:

My memory of 2008 is different to this. 

What I remember of that season was Hamilton receiving a lot of penalties, some of them very dubious (eg at Belgium). 

What did Massa in that season was 2 things. Ferrari had all sorts of reliability issues. And Singapore - he should have won that but the race-fixing crash brought him into the pits and the hose didn't detach from his car. 

If he's suing anyone it should be Ferrari, Flavio Briatore and Nelson Piquet Jr. 

Yeah, it's been long forgotten but Massa lost an easy win at Hungary when his engine grenaded itself with three laps left, plus the crashgate business. Hamilton was bloody lucky that season, penalties notwithstanding. He has lost a couple of titles himself through bad luck/bad decisions, so swings and roundabouts. I wonder if this action goes ahead, will Hamilton consider suing over the ned of the 2020 season? Where does it end? I have a lot of sympathy for Massa, but I can't help feeling sleeping dogs should be left to lie.

On 19/08/2023 at 10:06, Sarto Mutiny said:

Yeah, it's been long forgotten but Massa lost an easy win at Hungary when his engine grenaded itself with three laps left, plus the crashgate business. Hamilton was bloody lucky that season, penalties notwithstanding. He has lost a couple of titles himself through bad luck/bad decisions, so swings and roundabouts. I wonder if this action goes ahead, will Hamilton consider suing over the ned of the 2020 season? Where does it end? I have a lot of sympathy for Massa, but I can't help feeling sleeping dogs should be left to lie.

There's nothing to sue for in 2021, Massa's point is that the FIA knew about the whole Crashgate fiasco yet didn't do anything about it.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

4 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Incredible from Albon. Is he still within the Red Bull family? If so they have to be considering putting him back in instead of Perez.

Don’t know but I doubt he’d go back. Marko seems to be an absolute nightmare to work for, can’t win either cause if you challenge Verstappen then they’d be raging and if you have a spell like Perez is just now you’ll get punted. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Incredible from Albon. Is he still within the Red Bull family? If so they have to be considering putting him back in instead of Perez.

Albon is showing the potential he's always had because he has a team behind him. He wouldn't get that at Red Bull as team mate to Verstappen again. Then again if he's happy with Williams he will help the team grow, stay where he is. He could do with a more consistant quick team mate though.

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

Don’t know but I doubt he’d go back. Marko seems to be an absolute nightmare to work for, can’t win either cause if you challenge Verstappen then they’d be raging and if you have a spell like Perez is just now you’ll get punted. 

Marko is probably going to be out and retired soon. I thought he had stepped back over the last couple of seasons and is more of a consultant these days.

2 hours ago, The Golden God said:

He would absolutely jump at the chance to get in the Red Bull again.