The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

3 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

There was no need. Let's be honest, Verstappen would have got him eventually anyway

He would have, but why risk Perez fighting it on track and fucking it for both of them? Verstappen wiped out 15 seconds in about 4 laps earlier, there’s no point in even pretending there’s a legitimate fight between them. 

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Crofty absolutely beeling that Red Bull decided to favour their driver who is about a second a lap quicker than anyone and leading the championship.

Would that be the same Crofty who thought George Russell should have given up his maiden win in Brazil last season to allow Hamilton to keep his record of winning at least one race every season?

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Would that be the same Crofty who thought George Russell should have given up his maiden win in Brazil last season to allow Hamilton to keep his record of winning at least one race every season?

:lol: I completely forgot about that.

He riles me far more than he should. I need to stop letting some guy living my dream wind me up as much as he does. He's one of the very few people who just seem to know what triggers me.

5 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

He would have, but why risk Perez fighting it on track and fucking it for both of them? Verstappen wiped out 15 seconds in about 4 laps earlier, there’s no point in even pretending there’s a legitimate fight between them. 

Zhou Guanyu took about 6 seconds off of Perez too. It's as if he was trying to save his tyres in case it rained again when no-one else was.

Only got himself to blame.

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

:lol: I completely forgot about that.

He riles me far more than he should. I need to stop letting some guy living my dream wind me up as much as he does. He's one of the very few people who just seem to know what triggers me.

He's a w****r.

1 minute ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Wouldn't that be a DQ then?

I think I'm getting mixed up with changing compounds when it rains. Or making up that you don't need to use different slick compounds if you use a wet one. 

Anyway, bad weekend for the North Americans. Sargeant putting it in the wall twice and Lancelot jobbing around with Lawson right behind him.