The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

1st of December has been and gone which is usually a significant day in teams recruiting those that have been placed on " gardening " leave from other teams.Ex Ferrari boss Binitto probably the biggest name on the list but Ferrari the team have signed 15 engineers from other teams in the behind closed door roles mainly from Rb and merc .

Sauber/ Alfa Romeo the other team to pick up 7 other engineers .

No issue with another race in Spain... if they had punted Borecelona from the calendar to make room for it.

I wonder if this will be like the Spanish Grand Prix, Valencia Street circuit and so on, in that as long as Alonso is on the grid people will turn up, and as soon as he's gone the stands will be empty and the GP removed from the itinerary.

It's still absolutely ridiculous that we don't have a German GP, but F1 will happily whore itself to the most despotic governments on the planet provided the $$$ numbers are big enough.

41 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Red Bull and Ferrari (at least) both came out and said they’ve not made any complaint. The cult will be raging they can’t have a go at red bull about it all.  

"yEaH bUt i bEt alPHa tAuRi dId iT FoR TeHM!!!!!!!!!!11111!"

2 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Red Bull and Ferrari (at least) both came out and said they’ve not made any complaint. The cult will be raging they can’t have a go at red bull about it all.  

All other teams have come out with very similar (ok....the exact same) statements.....wonder what's caused the FIA to potential start a civil war with the rest of F1.

7 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

All other teams have come out with very similar (ok....the exact same) statements.....wonder what's caused the FIA to potential start a civil war with the rest of F1.

An attempt to kid in they are the real authority?

21 hours ago, The Golden God said:

These odds make no sense to me. Norris hasn’t won a thing, Ferrari and Merc ended the season better than McLaren and he’s 2nd fav. 

079FFC50-A1B3-4E9E-9F7D-0B9ACE4C3552.png

Very hard to understand how Norris is such a short price compared to Hamilton. Both are fuds but if one of the two is likely to win it (odds wise) should be Hamilton. 

I know this thread absolutely hates Norris and Russell but a 39 year old Hamilton driving a Mercedes they've had to build from scratch for the third year running vs. Norris in a team who had the most dramatic improvement over the 2023 season is really unlikely to be that much of a contest.

20 hours ago, garybs said:

I see it's all a conspiracy again from the usual bellends

Quite amusing that the FIA never named any individuals, teams, or even the departments and divisions of F1 involved, yet more or less immediately both the Wolffs were issuing strident denials of everything. 😂

Edited by Boo Khaki

21 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I know this thread absolutely hates Norris and Russell but a 39 year old Hamilton driving a Mercedes they've had to build from scratch for the third year running vs. Norris in a team who had the most dramatic improvement over the 2023 season is really unlikely to be that much of a contest.

Maybe but Norris hasn’t won a thing since he’s been in F1 and has Hibsed it any time he’s been close. If Verstappen gets the jail or something then you’d look to the number 1 driver of the next few teams and LeClerc, Hamilton and Alonso are all well ahead of Norris. 

Aye, I don't really rate Norris, but Merc are building a split new car from the ground up as opposed to RB, McLaren, and Ferrari evolving the third generation of the same core concept. It's possible Merc design a rocket ship straight out of the box, but it's equally as likely, if not more so, that is a complete dog to begin with. With really limited testing and in-season development available, not helped by finishing 2nd in the 2023 Championship, if it is an absolute shed then there's every chance 2024 is just a long, fruitless slog with Hamilton still pootling round in the middle of the pack and spitting the dummy constantly, which would be side-splittingly funny.

Edited by Boo Khaki