The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Fair play to Sky for making a big deal of nonsense stats. Kimi has done the most laps or miles or something? Who cares! The only one that matters there is most race starts (although good luck getting Kimi to talk about that one).

Likewise Hamilton getting or equalling the most podiums. I'd imagine even he isn't that fussed about stuff like that, or weekends where you get win/pole/fastest lap/lead ever lap/remember to brush your teeth twice a day. Championships, wins, poles and possibly fastest laps (especially now they are worth a point) are all that really counts. Even the record for highest point scorer is a waste of time now it's 25 points for a win.

Talking about Kimi am I the only one who thinks he's a bit of a dick? Some of the sarcastic answers he gives are just unnecessary. Yeah, occasionally he gets a stupid question but half the time there's nothing wrong with the question and he just can't be arsed giving a serious answer. He seems to get away with it because he's seen as just being a stereotypical Finn or something.
I hate the cringey stuff they get the drivers to do more though. Why the f**k would I want to watch Lando and Carlos drive about with a bowl of milk in their lap?

4 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Just counted them up - he has 24 from 2018+19 so needs 5th place in F2 this season.

reckon he'll be there or thereabouts, there's a lot of talent in that field!

EVER*

*Since 1983.

Acht, Clark, Stewart, Moss, Fangio, Ascari etc were probably pish anyway

I seen a big deal made of Trulli being in there, but the measure was the fastest driver over one lap and wasn't that basically Jarno Trulli in a nutshell? Fast in qualifying absolutely pish in the race.
Hence the 'Trulli train'

3 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I seen a big deal made of Trulli being in there, but the measure was the fastest driver over one lap and wasn't that basically Jarno Trulli in a nutshell? Fast in qualifying absolutely pish in the race.

This list, and the internet's reaction to it, in an image:

The interruption | Brazilian Slutwalk Flasher | Know Your Meme