The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

39 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Sky is much better when they have Rosberg on cause he says it like it is and now Villeneuve is doing the same. 

Bald Villeneuve gives me the heebie jeebies.

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

Sky is much better when they have Rosberg on cause he says it like it is and now Villeneuve is doing the same. 

Takes one to know one given his career after 1997 tbf. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Was going to say the same, but the guy just gets on my tits that much I wrote, then deleted a big rant about him that would probably get me into a lot of trouble 

2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Was going to say the same, but the guy just gets on my tits that much I wrote, then deleted a big rant about him that would probably get me into a lot of trouble 

Go on...get it all out

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Go on...get it all out

Nah, even for me it was a bit too far! The facts are, he was best of a bad bunch in 97 and when things got tough he spat the dummy, drove as bad if not worse as he is accusing Ricciardo of doing now, pissed everyone off and disappeared because he couldn't hack it... 

Watching the build up to qualifying. Jeez, Sky pad this shit out.

Asking Baldy Jack about what contract negotiations are going on in Mercedes, and him replying that he has no clue.

22 hours ago, virginton said:

Villeneuve's on camera, sideways look at Horner's utter bullshit about the merits of re-signing Perez and Ricciardo's performance was appreciated though. 

On 07/06/2024 at 21:02, The Golden God said:

Crofty: Ricciardo should give Villeneuve a bonus for his performance.

Half a second covering the top 8 is an excellent standard of competition. Hopefully that'll continue into tomorrow with a wee bit of rain instead of the nonsense from Tsunoda and co. a few weeks ago. 

Montreal is the best circuit on the calendar. The drivers should be sliding towards those walls in every single lap of the race too, but that needs a change of the rules (refuelling and no shan tyre management) to bring back the good old days. 

On 05/06/2024 at 18:20, Spyro said:

I still believe the Red Bull car isn't the all-conquering specimen we all think it is. It's clearly set up to be fast with NO comprise and is known to be a dog to handle and set up. My belief is that a lot of drivers on the grid would struggle to do what Checo is doing with it and Max is just a being from a different dimension 

I don't want this to be true because I don't like Verstappen and I don't like what it implies, but it feels like it must be. Perez has never shown any signs of being that bad before and he's been around a while. The one bit I don't get is, if the car was hard to drive, wouldn't Perez be losing it more often? He's just generally slower, he doesn't seem to be on edge regularly. Maybe in the hands of a lesser driver it would be going in the wall every other week.

14 hours ago, GordonS said:

I don't want this to be true because I don't like Verstappen and I don't like what it implies, but it feels like it must be. Perez has never shown any signs of being that bad before and he's been around a while. The one bit I don't get is, if the car was hard to drive, wouldn't Perez be losing it more often? He's just generally slower, he doesn't seem to be on edge regularly. Maybe in the hands of a lesser driver it would be going in the wall every other week.

I suppose we'll never really know unless someone else gets a run of races in the car, but Perez has never really been a crasher. He has always driven to the car rather than other drivers who try and catch up with the car and inevitably bin it into a wall.