The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

I enjoyed that. Not a lot of action but plenty of tension and the size of Norris' win is a new development in the title race. Verstappen is wringing every second out of that car but one DNF and he's probably toast, so every corner counts. Russell did really well to hold off Le Clerc. 

Some regulars on this thread, I often wonder if they actually like F1.

It's a huge save for Verstappen to finish 2nd in that car, and Danny Ric getting fastest lap is a huge bonus for him. Very hard to call the title now, Norris has all the momentum but probably needs to win most of the races from now on. I still have a nagging feeling him or his team will do something stupid somewhere 

Edited by Sarto Mutiny

2 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I still have a nagging feeling him or his team will fo something stupid somewhere 

Gets a 2 point lead on 2nd to last race in Qatar , DNFs midway through in Abu Dhabi by getting involved with a battle for 2nd with Russell with piastri in first with verstappen who was struggling a mile back in 6th eases round for the majority of the race to win it with the final few laps being under safety car cos Perez has crashed when verstappen was beginning to lose time on those behind him.

The f**king breakdown afterwards would be golden.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Going to go out on a limb and suggest he has a fair bit of say but is just a massive arse.

Yea, he's been asked about his opinion before on radio, the team agreeing to it and 3 laps later he's mouthing off at them cos he's lost time.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Ricciardo going for a fast lap here definitely isn't Red Bull collusion 👀

Around .5 sec faster than anyone else and the fastest lap of the race.

Looks like a goodbye from Daniel Ricciardo in his final race., maybe F1 career over.

Next step - career as F1 Sky TV pundit beckons. 

3 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

Around .5 sec faster than anyone else and the fastest lap of the race.

Looks like a goodbye from Daniel Ricciardo in his final race., maybe F1 career over.

Next step - career as F1 Sky TV pundit beckons. 

This is naïve. It was clearly a Red Bull decision to protect Verstappen in the Championship.

ETA

Edited by Todd_is_God