The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

I think it was a classic example of wishful thinking. It was a little debatable and they saw what they wanted to see.

The engineers/teams always seem to tell the driver exactly what they want to hear or that they’ve done nothing wrong. Every incident or 50/50 is “yeah you were completely in the right mate”. Be objective, tell them what actually happened cause they’re going to find out as soon as it’s done anyway. 

1 hour ago, V.Aye.R said:

Apologies, didn't realise it was a sole 1-2 and being 3rd in the constructors that qualifies. 

You can't say they're not "competing at the front". This wasn't a fluke result like McLaren's 1-2 at Monza a few years ago, it wasn't won on tyre strategy or crashes or unfortunately-timed safety cars. Ferrari clearly had the fastest car and had a big winning margin.

I'm not saying they'll win every race from now on, but they're definitely competitive.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

There is a possibility that Verstappen could win the WDC in a car that finishes 3rd in the Constructors Championship. 

Has that ever been done before? That would be some achievement (and really show how pish Perez is) 

1982. Keke Rosberg WDC, Williams finished 4th in the Constructors.

23 hours ago, GordonS said:

You can't say they're not "competing at the front". This wasn't a fluke result like McLaren's 1-2 at Monza a few years ago, it wasn't won on tyre strategy or crashes or unfortunately-timed safety cars. Ferrari clearly had the fastest car and had a big winning margin.

I'm not saying they'll win every race from now on, but they're definitely competitive.

Cool, I'll look forward to watching this age like fruit in the sun.