C***ts In Shops

Moonglum25

I hate these new open plan bank branches. I want to queue up and speak to someone over a counter, I don’t want to use your stupid machine that never works and I want the pens to be attached to the desks with chains.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26/12/2018 at 00:48, Honest_Man#1 said:

Your initial post clearly implies that you think the shop floor staff are the ones who you believe are choosing not to sell it to you and are “stupid c***s”.

No amount of backtracking now to pretending that when you said “folk that work in Tesco”, you meant IT programmers in HQ, is going to hide it.

^^Stupid c***s that can't follow a thread for this pish.

I hate these new open plan bank branches. I want to queue up and speak to someone over a counter, I don’t want to use your stupid machine that never works and I want the pens to be attached to the desks with chains.
agree with all this. i bet banks dont even give kids a tacky piggy bank and a wi calculator when they open their first accounts these days!

26 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Worst I've ever seen was Asda during the beast from the east.

If there was ever a proper crisis don't go anywhere near a supermarket, there would just be lots of dead people in the bread aisles.

People are mostly scumbags these days.

I was hearing that when the snow hit and bread and milk were like hens teeth that someone walked up to the delivery lorry at Tesco and just lifted a whole trolley of milk into their van before driving off.

It's bad that a little snow seems to have the public into a panic and looting stage.

I was hearing that when the snow hit and bread and milk were like hens teeth that someone walked up to the delivery lorry at Tesco and just lifted a whole trolley of milk into their van before driving off.
It's bad that a little snow seems to have the public into a panic and looting stage.

They started rationing milk and bread at my local RS McColls.

1 per person, and they were making people queue outside and come in 2 at a time.

On 27/12/2018 at 07:07, jupe1407 said:

RBS staff started doing that here about 18 months ago after the branch had a big refurb. I had to pay in some cash, only to be told by the teller that they had a machine for that now. He then leads me across to the other side of the room to said machine, feeds in my dosh to demonstrate it, which then promptly jams because one of the tenners was torn. He then goes round the back and spends 20 minutes sorting this out, before retrieving the cash and paying it in back at his desk. What should have been a quick transaction during my lunch half hour ended up costing me about 15 minutes of flexi-time. 

Dicks. 

Barclays spent years telling us to use the machines to pay in. As the lunch time queue was massive I used them for a few years. 

Every day the guy stalked  the queue trying to push folks towards the machine without success. 

Went in a few months ago. The stalker was gone and there were no envelopes for the machine. 

I ask the counter staff for envelopes only to be told, "its for business customers only."

Ffs. 

Wind the clock back 25 years or so to when I worked in Woolworths. Shop was L shaped with sweets & entertainment at the front, clothing in the middle and toys/home stuff in the back (where I worked). Customers were in general, c***s.

1. The pick 'n' mix was at the front, so the front till had a weighing machine, we didn't. Yet endless idiots would present  a bag of sweets at our till, only to be told that we couldn't weigh them. If they were genuinely apologetic we'd send someone round to get them priced. Otherwise they'd have to f**k off to the other till ("but the queue there was huge, that's why I came here").

2. People trying to buy Cds when all the actual discs were at the Record Bar. See 1. 

3. The launch of the pound coin. Caused untold anguish when giving change for a 39p sale from a fiver - "I don't want any of those wee things, they're too heavy". Also, Monday morning was "brand new float" day, so the till would be full of coins only at 9am. Woman buys a pair of tights and hands over a £20 note. I start counting her change out in coins, explaining that I've nothing else at the moment. She refused it and we had to cancel the sale.

4. The increase in VAT from 15% to 17.5% really fucked with the prices overnight. Even for pensioners who only ever bought a Mars Bar and moaned about the fact that it was a penny dearer now.

5. Away from customers - we had a trainee manager with us for a while. He was a c**t and a half. Ended up at the Argyle Street branch in Glasgow. Reliably informed that he was a c**t there too.

6. Pre-bar code - each ticket had a deprtment code and a price. The absence of either  meant ringing for a supervisor. Customers seemed to think that only the price was needed and moaned about the delay.

7. c***s who walk through a window mistaking it for a door and get blood everywhere.

8. Boxing Day - a special sign was placed above one of the tills at the middle section saying "REFUNDS ONLY". Having folk get to the front of the queue intending to buy and us getting to essentially tell them they'd have to f**k-off to a regular till was fun.

9. Folk wanting to come in for "just one thing" at 5.29pm.

On 28/12/2018 at 23:11, AyrshireTon said:

Wind the clock back 25 years or so to when I worked in Woolworths. Shop was L shaped with sweets & entertainment at the front, clothing in the middle and toys/home stuff in the back (where I worked). Customers were in general, c***s.

1. The pick 'n' mix was at the front, so the front till had a weighing machine, we didn't. Yet endless idiots would present  a bag of sweets at our till, only to be told that we couldn't weigh them. If they were genuinely apologetic we'd send someone round to get them priced. Otherwise they'd have to f**k off to the other till ("but the queue there was huge, that's why I came here").

2. People trying to buy Cds when all the actual discs were at the Record Bar. See 1. 

3. The launch of the pound coin. Caused untold anguish when giving change for a 39p sale from a fiver - "I don't want any of those wee things, they're too heavy". Also, Monday morning was "brand new float" day, so the till would be full of coins only at 9am. Woman buys a pair of tights and hands over a £20 note. I start counting her change out in coins, explaining that I've nothing else at the moment. She refused it and we had to cancel the sale.

4. The increase in VAT from 15% to 17.5% really fucked with the prices overnight. Even for pensioners who only ever bought a Mars Bar and moaned about the fact that it was a penny dearer now.

5. Away from customers - we had a trainee manager with us for a while. He was a c**t and a half. Ended up at the Argyle Street branch in Glasgow. Reliably informed that he was a c**t there too.

6. Pre-bar code - each ticket had a deprtment code and a price. The absence of either  meant ringing for a supervisor. Customers seemed to think that only the price was needed and moaned about the delay.

7. c***s who walk through a window mistaking it for a door and get blood everywhere.

8. Boxing Day - a special sign was placed above one of the tills at the middle section saying "REFUNDS ONLY". Having folk get to the front of the queue intending to buy and us getting to essentially tell them they'd have to f**k-off to a regular till was fun.

9. Folk wanting to come in for "just one thing" at 5.29pm.

No wonder Woolies went down the pan.

Plus the wee cardboard box with the kid in calipers on it - 3 out of date caramels that stick to the paper for a £1

There was a c**t in Breahead HMV yesterday. She was being served, but yelling at the sales assistant "I hope you're going to tell all these people they won't get their money back".

This was because of the new typed signs saying that "all returns will now be exchanged rather than refunded". These people stand to lose their jobs and she's busy shouting about something they've no control over.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I was in the Asda in Leith a few hours ago and you couldn’t sit still with the trolley for 5 seconds without someone being right up your arse. Was a stressful trip to the shops.

The town centre Tesco in Inverness is madder than pre-Christmas, about a hundred Chinese tourists clogging up the booze aisle.

Folk that attempt to spark up a conversation with the person at the till when there's a queue behind them (usually somebody laughing at their own god awful attempts at humour) whilst naively thinking that said person  gives a flying f*** about what they're actually drivelling on about.

This particularly applies to the c*** in my local cheese shop on Xmas Eve who was rabbiting on about his holidays to France between his samples of pretty much every variety in the place (whilst the queue was folded back on itself and out of the door*).  He then (after what was probably quarter of an hour) proceeded to buy a Scottish cheddar and Scottish blue which he referred to as "lucky dip", spending less than a fiver. 

*also people who stand in doorways of shops and let all the heat out.  You're pretty much outside anyway so don't inflict your woes on the rest of us who are actually inside the supposedly heated shop.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Checkout staff who are too busy blethering to each other to give you the time of day when beeping through your messages.

Especially the ones with big knockers.

They probably see a green trousered weirdo and go on full deflection mode.

Can't blame them tbh.

My wife knows a few of the staff in our local Tesco, and she would always insist on going to a checkout that one of her pals was on, no matter how big the queue was. It soon stopped after a few times, as I fucked off to the car and left her to pack.

Braved Tesco and Argos this morning. Thankfully, Mrs Tdb had had enough very quickly so we made our escape, walked the dogs and now I'm sat in with beer :)

Archived