shite christmas presents

When I was about 15 my parents gave me a Chris Deburg VHS tape of some fucking live concert despite my musical taste at that time ranging from punk to heavy metal. Mind you it was an upgrade on the previous year when they decided to buy me a goat which had been donated to a village in Ethiopia. I didn't even get to say hello to it before it left.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:
On 26/12/2018 at 00:15, DumbartonBud said:
My boss of 5 years got me a gift, wine (very nice) and aftershave. I have a hipster beard and he also spelt my name wrong on the gift tag ...... about to look at S1 jobs. 

First world problems thread for this pish

Currently drinking said bottle of wine and I don’t give a f@&k

When I was about 15 my parents gave me a Chris Deburg VHS tape of some fucking live concert despite my musical taste at that time ranging from punk to heavy metal. Mind you it was an upgrade on the previous year when they decided to buy me a goat which had been donated to a village in Ethiopia. I didn't even get to say hello to it before it left.

For the first time in ISIS knows how long, my mum *didn't* get me Oor Wullie or the Broons annuals. Utterly delighted with that, they were past their sell by date donkeys ago.

On 12/28/2018 at 22:01, Joe Terrapin said:

Mind you it was an upgrade on the previous year when they decided to buy me a goat which had been donated to a village in Ethiopia. I didn't even get to say hello to it before it left.

I did that for a wedding present.

We got our kids a "give a goat to a third world family" for a birthday once or something. My wife thought it was like one of those child sponsorship schemes and was apparently expecting to get regular updates on how the goat was doing.

2 hours ago, nsr said:

We got our kids a "give a goat to a third world family" for a birthday once or something. My wife thought it was like one of those child sponsorship schemes and was apparently expecting to get regular updates on how the goat was doing.

You're Kidding?

6 hours ago, nsr said:

For the first time in ISIS knows how long, my mum *didn't* get me Oor Wullie or the Broons annuals. Utterly delighted with that, they were past their sell by date donkeys ago.

That's reminded me that when I was 23, my Mum bought me a pair of tartan baffies. The kind that covered the ankle, with a zip up the side, as modelled by Grandpa Broon. I caught a cold in early January and she told me "That's because you won't wear your slippers!"