St Mirren vs Hibernian

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ShrooTheLookingGlass said:

He is, but I think Bogdan is even better.

I can only comment from his time in the English leagues and highlights from his time at Hibs, but Bogdan seems to produce a clanger for every world class save he produces IMO.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I can only comment from his time in the English leagues and highlights from his time at Hibs, but Bogdan seems to produce a clanger for every world class save he produces IMO.

He definitely looked prone to that in England, in his first half dozen games at Hibs he had a couple but he's genuinely been amazing the vast majority of the season.

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Good first half performance but the middle of the park is where we are soft as shite. Stevie Mcginn needs dropping. 

I agree. Problem is we have no replacement until Magennis is fit. Tansey is not cutting it also so far. Every delivery was over hit. We do have the weakest midfield pairing in the league

19 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Good first half performance but the middle of the park is where we are soft as shite. Stevie Mcginn needs dropping. 

For who? I have some sympathy for McGinn because for a lot of today he was essentially playing centre mid on his own. Tansey is no where near sharp enough at the minute.

That's been the same in a lot of games this year where McGinn has little or no help.

3 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

For who? I have some sympathy for McGinn because for a lot of today he was essentially playing centre mid on his own. Tansey is no where near sharp enough at the minute.

That's been the same in a lot of games this year where McGinn has little or no help.

I'd be bringing a proper holding midfield player in. Its a priroty for me along with a centre forward. 

40 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Utter garbage in the second half and got what we deserved.

Another soft goal from a set piece. A free header in the box and McGregor reacts quicker than anyone. 

Thought Hladky was poor at the 1st and 3rd goals.

I thought we should've had a penalty, McGregor's foot was at head height. Anywhere else on the park that's a foul.

Zero subs made which shows that we have no depth. Tansey can't last 90mins. He was miles off the pace.

The ref cannot award a penalty in that situation because there was no contact. It would've been an indirect free-kick if given.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd be bringing a proper holding midfield player in. Its a priroty for me along with a centre forward. 

I agree, we're light in midfield. I'd love a Goodwin type player.

Speaks volumes today that we made no subs. Chasing the game with a couple or players toiling, yet no one is deemed good enough to make an impact.

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:
35 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Clearly got confused when he turned up at St Mirren and was greeted by this.
CF145C0F-C270-4F69-8B21-DC4B8FD33045.thumb.jpeg.61732f9259634f3210e49a2f8f5e3c1c.jpeg

Is that an actual thing..?

It was, yes. See Most Tinpot thread. Not sure if it's still extant or not.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:
34 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Clearly got confused when he turned up at St Mirren and was greeted by this.
CF145C0F-C270-4F69-8B21-DC4B8FD33045.thumb.jpeg.61732f9259634f3210e49a2f8f5e3c1c.jpeg

Is that an actual thing..?

It is indeed, we played our pre season friendlies there under Deila when I think CP was being used for the Commonwealth games. Was quite strange seeing the shop there. 

Marciano always has an error in him too. The switching between himself and Bogdan won't be doing either any favours though.

Super Joe Lewis is the best keeper in the league by a distance. Without him, we finish way down the table.

Archived