A View From The Terrace.

Moffat has always come across as a very likeable person. The other day I was thinking about the video of him (in Lourenzos in Dunfermline I think?) shouting “f**k the fuckin’ Cowden.”

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I have two single oven gloves. It’s works.

You're a horribly ill individual and need urgent help.

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Also, Somerset Park isn’t that great. Well, the away end isn't anyway. It’s just that it’s one of the few remaining terraced grounds.

The sheer and utter vandalism thats been carried out to the likes of Fir Park and East End Park, has sadly left Somerset Park as one of the few terraced grounds left, but it’s not the finest example, it’s just fortunate to have remained untouched.

Somerset is quality. I think Ayr being a good away day in general (nice trip on the train but not too far away and some good pubs in Ayr) helps massively though.

Agree with you about the vandalism that took place at East End and other grounds. Dreadful, dreadful stuff that was never a good idea.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It looks like someone dropped it in a mucky street and left it there for an hour or so.

In a puddle on said mucky street.

Ayr is a brilliant away day. Direct train from Paisley, excellent pubs in the town centre and we very rarely lose there.

ETA and given we have a soulless identi-kit stadium, I like Somerset's olde worlde charm, other than the away bogs which is a wall with a clay gutter.

Edited by Arch Stanton

25 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Me and the family went on a holiday to Orkney about 15 years ago, the most reasonably priced ferry was early on a Monday morning so I decided I was going to drive up on the Sunday and stay overnight rather than leave at 2am. I managed to get a cheap BnB in Wick, got there early Sunday afternoon, asked the landlady for a recommendation for eating out and she told us "och, there will be no where open on a Sunday. I could do you and wife and son half board for an extra £5 each". 

I told her we were going for a wee wander round the town and would let her know. Upon seeing she was telling the truth we were back 15 minutes later asking "what's for dinner?"

It was disgusting mince n totties, not worth a fiver.

I've been up there before a Ross County game, the pubs are cheap but full of, erm, characters. The two that weren't completely empty on a Friday at 10 o'clock at night that is. 

The ground looks cracking though, it's the dream Scottish Cup tie every year until Orkney or Stornoway finally get added to the tournament.

I'm sorry but I don't agree that Somerset is in any way a decent football ground.

I agree with the terracing thing, but that ground is caught in  a time warp.

The view from the terracing is worse than any ground with seating and the toilets are absolutely shite.

Fir park and East End Park were two  brilliant  arenas for football and were both totally wasted when the seats went in.

I will continue to enjoy ( when possible as Ayr aren't currently very good ) visiting that nice wee toon, but please don't advocate for Somerset as being  anything but a Piggery.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Cappielow is a better terrace for home fans but not for away. They've taped off the nearest sections of the fence at Somerset so the crossover between home and away is relatively tame now even compared to ten years ago.

They stopped that a short while ago, away fans can get right up to the fence again. You can bam up the opposition till your heart’s content now.

Great show again.
Raith boy incredibly unlucky, done one of mine and I never recovered.

Ayr is always somewhere I want to draw in the cup, that Somerset Boab guy used to be reasonably high up in Lloyds bank. Was they type of pelmet you'd imagine him to be.

Last minute winner was turned right aff.

Record this every week and look forward to watching it after my Friday night nightshift. All of my close friends are OF supporters, and I managed to get one of them (Rangers fan, 2 figure IQ) to watch last Fridays episode on catch up. He said he enjoyed it but wasn’t able to expand on that. That didn’t surprise me, and he is one of the more open minded OF fans I know. Hopefully the longer it stays on our screens the more fans it will pull in, would be good to be able to talk about the programme outside of this forum. 

The structure of the show is nothing like anything that’s gone before it, in Scottish or English football. It wouldn’t be a bad idea for the BBC to try and come up with a similar programme for the English lower leagues, who have a much bigger support base than the Scottish lower leagues have. I suppose it’s the passion of the 4 guys that make the programme what it is, which would be difficult to replicate. Been said plenty of times previously but the VTs they produce and the manner in which they are filmed is excellent. The Wick Academy piece from last night the latest one, love seeing the shots of the punters in the stand at grounds like that. 

Another excellent episode, one of my staples each week. I was crying at the oven gloves bit.

Really enjoyed the section about Wick; we played them in 2012 and we got the train there from Kirkcaldy. Got on at 0730am and had to get off at Georgemas Junction and get a taxi or we’d have missed the first 20 minutes of the game. It turned out to be Wick gala day, which everyone gets into fancy dress for. Ended up in a nightclub (which I’m sure is a restaurant through the day) which was like a particularly potent acid trip. Weird wee place.

The social media bit this week was excellent. Watching it again now on iplayer. It really is a great show. Unmissable.

I genuinely hope this is the only 🎁  you get. f**k you. Love Rob.

Lovely sentiment. 

Edited by Scary Bear

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Hope Vaughan comes back, he's a great player.

I don't think I've ever wished a player would make a full recovery from injuries as much as Lewis Vaughan. What's happened to him is proper one in a million bad luck and he's such a good young player with a great attitude.

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I don't think I've ever wished a player would make a full recovery from injuries as much as Lewis Vaughan. What's happened to him is proper one in a million bad luck and he's such a good young player with a great attitude.

He came across really well in that bit last night. Absolutely shite for the guy and hopefully he'll get fit, bang in the goals and get his big move to East End.