Chernobyl

On 29/05/2019 at 05:05, Fide said:

I would have thought that even without the cut boot he's be a goner, given those extra few seconds.  Especially when you think about how many of those liquidators died anyway.  I read somewhere that cancer rates among the liquidators was four times that of the general population.

was there real film footage of those guys at the time?i seem to recall seeing it.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

They should have used convicted peodos and serial killers.
If you clean this roof we will release you from prison next year.
The rocks are hot? Weird dunno why. Two problems solved.

...Here's your protective gear...lunch is at 12.

download.jpeg

Also, was that fat party secretary in ep 2 the guy from Bread/Tony Bitch from the Sean Hughes Show/ the guy who falicitated Nicholas Lyndhursts saucy time travel bigamy in Goodnight Sweetheart??
It is Victor McGuire

10 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Watched the first episode again. The denial of the chief engineer and the bosses is incredible.
He stopped in the corridor and saw the graphite pieces.

That part is apparently true, too. Dyatlov saw the graphite, after having dismissed the report that the reactor had exploded, and thought, "nut; can't be". I understand the bone-headed insistence that the reactor couldn't have exploded under those conditions, and the fact that the operators weren't provided with the full information about the potential initial danger of an AZ-5 situation, but to dismiss the concept that something, anything could have happened outside of the known facts to trigger a core meltdown?

You can only think that fear must have played a massive part, both of the consequences to...well, the world, but also the personal consequences of life in a Siberian gulag and the persecution of your family. The human mind's capable of all sorts of self-delusion under that kind of stress.

On 5/31/2019 at 08:14, NewBornBairn said:

Shouldn't forget we're talking about conscripts in a totalitarian state. Disobeying meant being shot. Even the miners were rounded up at gunpoint. 

This has happened throughout history across every nation in the world with arguably the worst example being the British Government between 1914 and 1919...............