The cost of drinking in pubs

I have honestly never taken the venue into consideration when I am out for a few with mates. Good company and beers. Wetherspoons or some hipster shitehole. Mates and pints does me.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, throbber said:

I don’t drink Tuesday - fridays. Most Friday nights I’m happy not drinking but I’ll always have a few on Saturday then go balls deep for it on the Sunday and then a couple of curers on Monday after a tough day at work.

So your big drinking day / night is a Sunday when you're working the next day? Why?

22 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

So your big drinking day / night is a Sunday when you're working the next day? Why?

Much better being paid for your hangover than having it on a day off imo.

Sunday is my fun day, there’s nothing better than a Sunday roast and a plethora of wine and beer when cooking it up and then continuing with the beers before bed at a reasonable hour so I’m not too rough for work on the Monday. It’s just the routine I have I suppose.

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

Sunday is my fun day, there’s nothing better than a Sunday roast and a plethora of wine and beer when cooking it up and then continuing with the beers before bed at a reasonable hour so I’m not too rough for work on the Monday. It’s just the routine I have I suppose.

I always had that routine too. Sunday was the day to be drunk the longest, rather than starting late and waking up rough.  

I always had that routine too. Sunday was the day to be drunk the longest, rather than starting late and waking up rough.  

Yeah, I’m usually just lazy on Mondays and need a sugar rush rather than being hungover. Most coworkers can’t be fucked on Mondays regardless and it’s usually an okay day so I get away with not being 100%. I start doing fasting and HIIT workouts going into the week and sweat all the shite out of my system and by Friday I feel top of the world and then reward myself by hammering the cooking lager down at an alarming rate on the Saturday and Sunday and repeat the process all over again.

The Spoons in Inverness is brutal. There's no where near enough tables for the place, the layout is really lopsided, and when you do, by some miracle, manage to get a table, it's still full of used plates and glasses from the previous patrons.  Complete with tomato sauce all over the place, beer still swilling around the table with soaking wet napkins plastered to it, and what seems like a whole shaker of salt scattered across it too.

Some people shouldn't be allowed out.  How the fuck can you make so much mess?

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The Spoons in Inverness is brutal. There's no where near enough tables for the place, the layout is really lopsided, and when you do, by some miracle, manage to get a table, it's still full of used plates and glasses from the previous patrons.  Complete with tomato sauce all over the place, beer still swilling around the table with soaking wet napkins plastered to it, and what seems like a whole shaker of salt scattered across it too.

Some people shouldn't be allowed out.  How the f**k can you make so much mess?

It's got the layout  and ambience of a works canteen too. And the idiots queuing instead of just standing at the bar. I'd only go for the steak and a pint special days.

Some people shouldn't be allowed out.  How the fuck can you make so much mess?

It is amazing how some people manage to turn places into an absolute pigsty. My wife and I went to a Pizza Express once and a group of people left their table in complete anarchy, including a load of wet wipes that they used to clean up their toddler after their meal. Why should a waiter have to tidy up after you like that?

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It is amazing how some people manage to turn places into an absolute pigsty. My wife and I went to a Pizza Express once and a group of people left their table in complete anarchy, including a load of wet wipes that they used to clean up their toddler after their meal. Why should a waiter have to tidy up after you like that?

It'll be the 'It's not my property so I don't give a fuck' ethos that most of the general public have.

Anybody that goes out drinking more than a couple when they know they have to drive or work the following day are clowns who should be sacked with immediate effect. I dont give a f**k about them but I do care about the other people around them who could be injured by their actions.

Indeed.  People drinking when they have work the next day is a concept that I've never been able to fathom.  Why make yourself rough when you're their to do a job?  Bizarre.

Archived