Infuriating Things That YOU Do

I generally assume that no crime will take place where I live.

Leave the car doors unlocked and sometimes open. Leave the house door open when I'm in wandering around the house (I like the fresh air)

I've left the door unlocked many times when I go out. Because of where we live you'd have quite a job stealing stuff from my house and getting away without someone seeing what you're doing.

In general I just assume no thief would come near our house/car as it is too watched and surrounded.

Edited by Gaz FFC

If I make a mess in the house I tend to leave it untouched, assuming the wife will sort it out, since all domestic duties are shared between us and that is one of hers.

26 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I generally assume that no crime will take place where I live.

Leave the car doors unlocked and sometimes open. Leave the house door open when I'm in wandering around the house (I like the fresh air)

I've left the door unlocked many times when I go out. Because of where we love you'd have quite a job stealing stuff from my house and getting away without someone seeing what you're doing.

In general I just assume no thief would come near our house/car as it is too watched and surrounded.

Do you leave your keys in a bowl.

I often get stuck with a verbal tic for weeks on end whereby I add unnecessary words. Back in the day it was "like", I did "so" at the start of sentences (before c***s on telly did) and am currently weaning myself off "and suchlike". It really annoys me. 

Rather than finish something (juice, shower gel. sauce etc) I will leave it for ages with only one use left in it. As if somehow it's more beneficial to have something you can't use than than not.

Guest Moomintroll
Rather than finish something (juice, shower gel. sauce etc) I will leave it for ages with only one use left in it. As if somehow it's more beneficial to have something you can't use than than not.
That is a speciality of mine as well, currently have 4 tins of deodorant with one skoosh left in them alongside 2 nearly full tins.

2 hours ago, RawB93 said:

I'm the opposite. I willuse a huge amount of something just to finish it.

40 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I'm the opposite. I willuse a huge amount of something just to finish it.

I don't even finish sauce before binning it. I don't have the patience to throw a bottle about trying to get the scrapes from the bottom.

8 hours ago, RawB93 said:

I've written before about the strange rules my mum and dad imposed when we were growing up. No rhyme or reason to most of them but they backed each other up without fail.

One was that to eat the last of something good was a capital offence. "Who ate the last of the chocolate biscuits?????" for example. I could never get them to explain why it was OK to eat the 2nd, or the 10th or any other of the chocolate biscuits but to eat the last one was an absolute no no. I suspect the idea was you were supposed to ask politely if anyone else wanted it but given that was a sure fire way to not get it yourself, there was no good solution.

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I've written before about the strange rules my mum and dad imposed when we were growing up. No rhyme or reason to most of them but they backed each other up without fail.

One was that to eat the last of something good was a capital offence. "Who ate the last of the chocolate biscuits?????" for example. I could never get them to explain why it was OK to eat the 2nd, or the 10th or any other of the chocolate biscuits but to eat the last one was an absolute no no. I suspect the idea was you were supposed to ask politely if anyone else wanted it but given that was a sure fire way to not get it yourself, there was no good solution.

The guy that scoffed the last unicorn definitely wasn't popular.

Whenever I'm out for a Burger King or such I always eat the fries first before touching the burger. This for some reason seems to annoy people.

31 minutes ago, Waspy said:

Whenever I'm out for a Burger King or such I always eat the fries first before touching the burger. This for some reason seems to annoy people.

I do the opposite and eat the burger first but this also seems to annoy folk.

Crack my ankles AW THE TIME

If I touch something on the left side of my body, be it brushing against or walking on it, I need to do it with the right side

Arrive at work less than a minute before I start

Wander about the office when I’m on the phone (wireless headset plus mobile)

Order the full meal at McDonald’s and never touch the fries

Say “heck” unironically

Use paper clips as cotton buds

That’ll dae for now

I have an occasional recurring facial twitch that ive had since I was a wee boy, can be a wee bit embarrassing explaining to people I have just met.

Basically I sometimes, usually when im nervous or unsure about something I squint my eyes and make a small jerking motion with my head, my dad's solution to it when I was small was to violently hit me over the head whenever I did it which, naturally worked a treat. 

Don't do it all the time, just when im anxious but pretty embarrassing truth be told. 

On 04/06/2019 at 12:20, nsr said:

If I make a mess in the house I tend to leave it untouched, assuming the wife will sort it out

I do this until i realise I’m single, live alone and nothing will get tidied unless I tidy it myself - usually about a week later.

4 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

my dad's solution to it when I was small was to violently hit me over the head 

You sure your dad wasn’t a clairvoyant and saw some of the pish you post on here ?