It's getting hot in here!

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

It happens in rural Scotland all the time when farmers set fire to the heather.

Yeh but the fire service have more wildfire warnings in Scotland recently than I can remember even 5 years ago. Global warming is playing its part even if it needs an idiot with a disposable barbeque/ broken glass/ fag butt to get it started

29 minutes ago, 101 said:

Yeh but the fire service have more wildfire warnings in Scotland recently than I can remember even 5 years ago. Global warming is playing its part even if it needs an idiot with a disposable barbeque/ broken glass/ fag butt to get it started

It could still have easily happened had it been 25 degrees though.

23 minutes ago, throbber said:

It could still have easily happened had it been 25 degrees though.

Do you think? London will get to 25 degrees most summers but I think it's quite rare for the fire brigade to declare a major incident because of the number and size of fires

Don’t see why people are banging the global warming drum because of a few fires in London. Fires spread like f**k when the grass is dry and wam it’s hardly a new phenomenon. 

The scale of the fires is unprecedented. It was the busiest day for the London Fire Service since WW2. Then you look abroad to places like California and the Mediterranean which are dealing with huge fires. Australia also suffered devastating bushfires a year or two ago. In short - these fire events are becoming more frequent and more ferocious. It’s no coincidence that this is happening alongside global temperatures rising year on year and countries experiencing record breaking temperatures. It’s also no coincidence that temperatures are rising alongside greater C02 emissions than ever being pumped into the atmosphere…by us.

22 minutes ago, 101 said:

Do you think? London will get to 25 degrees most summers but I think it's quite rare for the fire brigade to declare a major incident because of the number and size of fires

Setting fire to the grass would still be catastrophic In 25 degree heat if it had been dry for a while yes. It was probably climate change activists doing it deliberately for attention yesterday.

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

Setting fire to the grass would still be catastrophic In 25 degree heat if it had been dry for a while yes. It was probably climate change activists doing it deliberately for attention yesterday.

Has Steve logged into your account? Absolutely wild.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Not yet but it’s the sort of thing extension rebellion would do. Also it’s London we are talking about which is full of c***s.

Loving the idea of a radical group taking direct action by lodging planning objections in suburbia. 

Says the man who invented the sex pram and proudly owns a pocket pussy.

Not yet but it’s the sort of thing extension rebellion would do. Also it’s London we are talking about which is full of c***s.

cm punk wwe GIF

12 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

He’s a railway engineering expert now too!  

What a skill set!  Why is @virginton not in a serious position of power?  He knows everything about everything! 

You don't need to be a railway engineering expert to run a coach and horses through Network Rail's tendentious bullshit excuses in Twitter, for running an absolute nick of a railway system. All you need is a capacity for critical thinking and (in this case) the ability to compare to analogous cases where temperatures are more extreme on a more regular basis than anything in the UK. And so it doesn't stand up to scrutiny. 

I can certainly see why you would be struggling with applying such basic concepts though. 

Edited by vikingTON

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Aftermath of some of the fires, apparently no-one died or was seriously hurt, which is a bit of a miracle looking at it.

Would you Adam and Eve it!

Who is Steve? I’m on my holidays just now

Is that why you're allowed to post during the week?