Partick Thistle defeat Ayr x2

Where’s best to park?
I've always parked in the streets around Somerset, tend to get a space on Wilson Street or back hawkhill which runs onto lochside. Just be mindful of people's driveways and you'll have no bother.

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

How many are Thistle likely to bring down for this? I see the club has put on free busses for them. Not beyond the realms of possibility that they could out number the home support. 

I think without the free buses it would have been around 1000, which is our general short distance away game kind of figure. Probably add another couple of hundred to that with the subsidised transport - that said, almost everyone I’ve spoken to is still either getting the train or driving down, so I don’t think it will be a substantially higher-than-usual away support. 1500 max.

16 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

How many are Thistle likely to bring down for this? I see the club has put on free busses for them. Not beyond the realms of possibility that they could out number the home support. 

Probably 800 - 1000. 

As much as tonight is seen by most ayr fans as a nothing, pointless game, a win tonight would actually put us in a very good position for third. However not entirely sure if finishing third would give us any advantage for the play offs tbh.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

As much as tonight is seen by most ayr fans as a nothing, pointless game, a win tonight would actually put us in a very good position for third. However not entirely sure if finishing third would give us any advantage for the play offs tbh.

Probably not but does give us an extra 70k in prize money that we’re gonna need to sign some decent players for next season.

56 minutes ago, honestly united said:

2 wins against Partick allows us to do Alloa a favour in the last game and still take 3rd place.

The extra 70k in prize money is probably more than we got in total for winning the league last year, and should cover an additional quality player in the squad next season.

£116k I think we got last season, so it is a substantial increase for us this season.

1 hour ago, professor challenger said:

So the thinking in your team will be ' right, if we win this the club might have enough money to replace me'

Nah, lots of players moving on through their own choice and as for the ones who want to stay, then tonight should be the perfect opportunity to try and earn a new contract offer or stake a place for a starting role for the play offs / next season.

The bottom line is that if anyone in our squad isn't good enough to play first team then they shouldn't be in our squad in the first place.

Docherty, Shankland, Moore and Adams out.

McCall saying we'll be going all out to finish 3rd because the players deserve to finish the season on a high.

Cue a comfortable Partick Thistle win now that has been said.

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

At the moment 2nd leg against Inverness would be on Saturday until the TV schedule is announced then probably moved to the Friday night.