English Premier League 2019-20

Like the last Major Investment where they spent 130 million on Harry Maguire and Aaron Wan-Bissaka?  Or the major investment that say them spend 50M on Fred?  Or the major investment where they gave Alexis Sanchez 320,000 per week?
They clearly need even more spent. To be honest, they only spent 70 million net in the summer. Not much in today's market.

7 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Man United are going to get destroyed by Liverpool in their next game, I wouldn't be surprised if Ole gets the sack by the end of October

I think they'll keep him for the Liverpool game,  to save any new manager the embarrassment of starting off with a thumping, and then he'll be gone.

They sit 2 points clear of relegation.

Guest DAVIDB69
They clearly need even more spent. To be honest, they only spent 70 million net in the summer. Not much in today's market.

Would take about 500 million to improve this team

Has this chat on here recently but when you consider the number of top notch players they need for a squad worth mentioning, and the cost of such players, its fucking mind bending whats required there. You just cant fall that far behind and they are realistically 4 or 5 years of year on year good progress away from being relevant. They probably need to spent something like half a billion to get what they need and thats without considering wastage and failed signings etc that always happen.

Post Fergie has been an unmitigated disaster for them. The scale of it doesnt get talked about but thats fall of an empire stuff.

Looking at Man Utd and recent history when they won the league under Fergie even then it was papering over cracks. 

The rot is set deep and lies at the door of the Glazers and Woodward. 

They are just run as a business and have no football people in the decision making process.

The Pogba signing can be confirmed as just a shirt selling exercise. The footballing merits of that can be put to rest.

Things won't change there until the Glazers and their yes men are binned.

You look at their squad and it is full of dross. 

Ole is out of his depth though and will be the fall guy but nothing will change. Klopp or Guardiola couldn't do much to improve things.

They still make massive amounts of money so I assume by that so do the Glazers?

They have a mid table squad and a relatively novice head coach so they are trending in the right direction.

Maybe Mourinho didn't too badly in hindsight?

37 minutes ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

They’ll bring in the Longstaff brothers for 100 million in January. I mean that’s normally how they do business these days.

They're getting linked with James Maddison for £100m to. He'll finish higher up the table if he stays with Leicester City.

Post Fergie has been an unmitigated disaster for them. The scale of it doesnt get talked about but thats fall of an empire stuff.

Amen. But the squad wasn't great under Ferguson, it's just that he was a ridiculously good manager. He was able to wring performances out of individuals and the team that no-one else could have. His presence, authority, intensity, consistency, expectations and motivational skills made a barely top four squad champions against wildly higher spending opponents.

The squad was better than it is now, of course. Who's the second best player in their books?

I say all that and I never really liked the guy...

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Amen. But the squad wasn't great under Ferguson, it's just that he was a ridiculously good manager. He was able to wring performances out of individuals and the team that no-one else could have. His presence, authority, intensity, consistency, expectations and motivational skills made a barely top four squad champions against wildly higher spending opponents.

The squad was better than it is now, of course. Who's the second best player in their books?

I say all that and I never really liked the guy...

Nail on the head Gordon. People can talk about spending this and spending that but  the most important person is the man in the dugout and his coaching staff. 

Klopp’s got Jordan Henderson lifting European Cups alongside James Milner, Andy Robertson, Gini Wijnaldum etc.