English Premier League 2019-20

3 hours ago, Binos said:

Cheating you mean

You may not like how he plays, but by absolutely no definition of the word is it cheating. He is perfectly entitled to put his body anywhere on the pitch he likes. Cheating would be doing something illegal or trying to decieve the referee, neither of which is going on here. Forcing the opposition into making fouls is a huge part of the game, like it is in most sports.

Mane trying to draw a foul is no more cheating than teams playing an offside trap to catch strikers offside.

It's cheating
I'm the first man on here to criticise diving but that was not cheating at all. He's getting his body in the right place and the it's a penalty all day long.

Defenders get their body across strikers all the time and draw fouls (although sometimes they absolutely cheat by throwing themselves). He was clearly fouled by a stupid tackle.

Liverpool did very well to win that and actually played pretty well. If Lloris had been in goals, it would have been far more comfortable.

Fabinho is an absolutely fantastic player.

Edited by David W

4 hours ago, Binos said:

Mane didn't go for the ball

He went to create contact so he could go down, as he did with winks in the first half

seen some things on here but you are now saying someone "created" contact, i've never heard of that , im almost certain that aurier "created" the contact by smashing mane in the leg

6 hours ago, gerrymcc1978 said:

seen some things on here but you are now saying someone "created" contact, i've never heard of that , 

an attacker initiating contact to try and win a penalty happens all the time. if you have never heard of that, you can't be watching too many games - or you have a very closed interpretation of things that happen. 

The travesty in this shite about the Mane penalty is that folk aren't talking about the Palace penalty (Arsenal defenders leg was out, but looked to me that Zaha dived over it rather than it being a penalty), the Arsenal disallowed goal (looked like players on both sides were jostling for it fairly), the first Man Utd penalty (James knows he isn't getting it to leans onto the Norwich defender then goes down) and the way they have seemingly changed their own protocols midway through a season, but not one about using the pitch-side monitor (although Jonathan Pearce - I know, I know - said that the VAR was checking whether or not Krul was off his line which they also said they wouldn't be doing). How can there still be people oit there who like VAR?

The travesty in this shite about the Mane penalty is that folk aren't talking about the Palace penalty (Arsenal defenders leg was out, but looked to me that Zaha dived over it rather than it being a penalty), the Arsenal disallowed goal (looked like players on both sides were jostling for it fairly), the first Man Utd penalty (James knows he isn't getting it to leans onto the Norwich defender then goes down) and the way they have seemingly changed their own protocols midway through a season, but not one about using the pitch-side monitor (although Jonathan Pearce - I know, I know - said that the VAR was checking whether or not Krul was off his line which they also said they wouldn't be doing). How can there still be people oit there who like VAR?
The thing with both Krul penalty saves, if they checked it with VAR, what did they actually look at? He appeared to be well off his line at both spot kicks.

9 hours ago, gerrymcc1978 said:

seen some things on here but you are now saying someone "created" contact, i've never heard of that , im almost certain that aurier "created" the contact by smashing mane in the leg

Open your eyes

4 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

an attacker initiating contact to try and win a penalty happens all the time. if you have never heard of that, you can't be watching too many games - or you have a very closed interpretation of things that happen. 

Players have been looking for fouls for years anyway. It's not a new thing.

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

They won't stop with fucking around with it either. It's going to get worse I think, as players, managers and pundits will be calling more and more for loads of other incidents to be reviewed and the FA will cave in pretty quickly.

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'd like VAR if it was used how it has been everywhere else, where it is just a monitor at the side of the pitch which allows the referee to check their own decision. Or ideally a Rugby type system where there is open communication between the referee and someone watching a screen, but the referee makes the final call. I think that is a long way off in football though.

The current system where a bunch of nameless officials can just dictate decisions is ridiculous. They are totally flip flopping back and forward too. Last week the complaint was that they weren't getting involved enough and over turning enough decisions. They obviously heard this and so this week have gone the other way and just intervened by giving the most ridiculous decisions. The Man Utd penalty was unbelievable, the Villa one not much better.

There also has to be better communication of what is actually going on. To have fans celebrate a goal and then wait for 2 minutes, without having a clue what is going on, is going to ruin the live experience for fans.

9 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

"created" contact is a lot different from initiating though isn't it?

49 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

did he just type that message with his eyes closed? are you a spurs fan or someone who hates liverpool, only two possibilities for you to come out with the absolute shite you've come out with.

You youngsters don't know what an honest game of football is