English Premier League 2019-20

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its quite sad but I think I would quite like a job that involved playing the sounds :lol:

Just sitting watching the match and pressing a button every time a shot went close.

Not quite the same but @Karpaty Lviv used to work for a bookies going to games and be on the phone to someone doing the in-play tracker thing (home free kick, away corner, dangerous attack, safe possesion etc). Was quite funny when we were closing in on goal and all you could hear in the vicinity was "HOME DANGER"

Edited by C. Muir

10 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I wouldn’t be able to resist the temptation to play a big trumpeting fart sound at some point 😂 

Good gif. What’s the message?

Mostly coz I was so bored watching the game I thought a seal gif would be appropriate.

Watching Roy Keanes half time reaction to the goal is quality, what a tremendous addition he is to Sky sports. 

Mostly coz I was so bored watching the game I thought a seal gif would be appropriate.
Watching Roy Keanes half time reaction to the goal is quality, what a tremendous addition he is to Sky sports. 
Hes not as big and hard as he makes out. He was the only footballer past or present on TV lastnight that hadnt rebelled agaisnt the rules and had at least 1 haircut

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
58 minutes ago, throbber said:

Hes not as big and hard as he makes out. He was the only footballer past or present on TV lastnight that hadnt rebelled agaisnt the rules and had at least 1 haircut

I don’t think it’s an act with him I think he genuinely gets pissed off watching Man Utd players completely fall short of the mark time after time. It’s not like he didn’t back this up in his playing days either when he was a constantly furious individual.

I don’t think it’s an act with him I think he genuinely gets pissed off watching Man Utd players completely fall short of the mark time after time. It’s not like he didn’t back this up in his playing days either when he was a constantly furious individual.
Yeah I know, I was just doing the haircut angle. Hes a raging mess of a man and I do like to see it. His chat about swinging punches at De Gea was a bit cringe though.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Yeah I know, I was just doing the haircut angle. Hes a raging mess of a man and I do like to see it. His chat about swinging punches at De Gea was a bit cringe though.

I thought his hair looked great, reminded me of him during the 99 champs league semi.

I imagine him to be quite a good laugh tbh, I’m pretty sure he knows when to switch off but takes football and competitiveness very seriously. There’s too many yes men and nice guys on Sky Sports who have friends they don’t want to upset which is why I like Keanes input so much.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I thought his hair looked great, reminded me of him during the 99 champs league semi.

I imagine him to be quite a good laugh tbh, I’m pretty sure he knows when to switch off but takes football and competitiveness very seriously. There’s too many yes men and nice guys on Sky Sports who have friends they don’t want to upset which is why I like Keanes input so much.

I think Neville and Carragher speak their mind well enough. Their Scottish offerings are always pretty rancid though and the likes of Redknapp is just there to be everyones pal. 

I enjoyed Neville going off message a few months ago, and Carragher slating David Luiz the other night was welcome. Nowhere near enough people slate David Luiz. 

That said, Carragher is a fucking scumbag who shouldnt have his job. 

Redknap is alright but he is the ultimate yes man. Carragher and Neville both annoy the f**k out of me for different reasons but both have terrible voices. Carragher has always struck me as a terrible human being, that said I don’t think he deserved to lose his job for the spitting incident. I always imagine Neville as an arsehole as well, I remember reading Andy Goram talking about how Neville approached him in training and told him “we don’t speak back to the captain here” after an angry back and forth with Keane. You can just imagine him being a slimy b*****d like that.

To be fair, Keane played with a team of superstars. This Man Utd team is utter shite.

De Gea - pish, he’s the goalkeeping David Luiz
Shaw - pish
Lindelof - pish
Maguire - £80 million of utter pish.
That’s just the back line.
Daniel James is an imposter.

Fernandes was decent and Pogba was excellent when he came on.

There could be a player in Greenwood.

Rebuild job required, especially at the back. They’ve still not replaced Ferdinand and Vidic.

The amount of money that Utd team will need to spend to be challenging for league titles is frightening.

To be fair, Keane played with a team of superstars. This Man Utd team is utter shite.

De Gea - pish, he’s the goalkeeping David Luiz
Shaw - pish
Lindelof - pish
Maguire - £80 million of utter pish.
That’s just the back line.
Daniel James is an imposter.

Fernandes was decent and Pogba was excellent when he came on.

There could be a player in Greenwood.

Rebuild job required, especially at the back. They’ve still not replaced Ferdinand and Vidic.

The amount of money that Utd team will need to spend to be challenging for league titles is frightening.
Yeah spoke about this on here before, the regression is such that a couple of 100 million pound players isnt enough. It's probably close to a billion worth of talent they need to get to build a team worthy of challenging. A lot of their starting eleven are no more than benchwarmers if they want to be serious again.

The rot has gone so far that any team without their financial clout would be in utter freefall. As it is, they are clinging on to the top 4 conversation but look like falling out of it soon.

They should have gone in for Tierney at left back and just accepted Shaw was another overrated overpriced player who was hyped because he’s English.

Tragic to see De Gea nowadays as he was regarded as one of the best keepers in the world for a while.

Mcguire is embarrassing for the money they spent on him, you need to wonder where Man U were when Liverpool signed VVD for example.

It will be another 10 years til they win the premiership again, their recruitment has been laughable.

From 2009/10 to 2015/16, Liverpool under Dalglish and Rodgers finished 7th, 6th, 8th, 7th, 2nd, 6th, 8th and were generally in a much worse state that Man Utd are in right now. The likes of Mignolet, Clyne, Moreno, Sakho, Ibe and Benteke featured regularly in their team as recently as that final season. Their net spend to get from where they were then to where they are now is roughly £80m across four seasons.

They don't need to chuck ludicrous money at it to get back to where they want to be - if anything their problem of late has been trying to do that - they just need a good manager and some smart transfer business. The jury is out on whether Solskjaer is the former, but Woodward is definitely not the guy to do the latter.

Edited by craigkillie

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

From 2009/10 to 2015/16, Liverpool under Dalglish and Rodgers finished 7th, 6th, 8th, 7th, 2nd, 6th, 8th and were generally in a much worse state that Man Utd are in right now. The likes of Mignolet, Clyne, Moreno, Sakho, Ibe and Benteke featured regularly in their team as recently as that final season. Their net spend to get from where they were then to where they are now is roughly £80m across four seasons.

They don't need to chuck ludicrous money at it to get back to where they want to be - if anything their problem of late has been trying to do that - they just need a good manager and some smart transfer business. The jury is out on whether Solskjaer is the former, but Woodward is definitely not the guy to do the latter.

Man United biggest issue will be this obsession with British players.

They're more likely to spend £200m on average dross like Chillwell and Grealish than Kai Havertz and Lautaro Martinez.