English Premier League 2019-20

Guest DAVIDB69

Over 40 years ago when growing up it seemed to be that every young kid in Scotland liked Liverpool.

Remember a guy I hung around with liked man united and everyone that was a bit strange

3 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

I totally agree but its such a common thing it has to be pulling in a serious wedge for the big English clubs that could be redirected into our own game. 

I guess there is a huge element of glory hunting involved in the selection process :)

Aye it’s total glory hunting mate. You are spot on there.

Just now, DAVIDB69 said:

Over 40 years ago when growing up it seemed to be that every young kid in Scotland liked Liverpool.

Remember a guy I hung around with liked man united and everyone that was a bit strange

Funny, when I was in Primary school in the late '90s/early 2000s everybody seemed to support Man Utd.

Guest SJP79
4 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Funny, when I was in Primary school in the late '90s/early 2000s everybody seemed to support Man Utd.

The Liverpool link was Kenny Dalglish for many i knew who were fans of them and the Man U one's used the " I followed Fergie excuse"

24 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

I wonder how much Scotland as a country contributes to the English football system in comparison with our own leagues ?

There seems to be a large amount of Scots who support an english team, buying shirts and other merchandise, going to games, purchasing TV subscriptions and club TV, we must be pumping a huge amount of money directly into thier game. 

Which begs the question, do many English fans support a Scottish club as thier second team ?

I think the term 'support' is a bit much. To follow an English team sounds more right. Very much similar to following a team in the Champions League.

e.t.a. - why even have the EPL section on Scottish Football forum P&B if there is not interest?

Edited by bairney

Guest SJP79
Just now, bairney said:

I think the term 'support' is a bit much. To follow an English team sounds more right. Very much similar to following a team in the Champions League.

Though if your buying merchandise every season id call that support, you see the top clubs shirts the whole time and also the odd obscure lower end teams. 

That Liverpool team shared the same core as the Scotland team of the day there was a certain national pride in them.

10 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

Though if your buying merchandise every season id call that support, you see the top clubs shirts the whole time and also the odd obscure lower end teams. 

I don't think you see English club shirts 'the whole time'. Maybe quite a few in the 80's and 90's, but not now.

7 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That Liverpool team shared the same core as the Scotland team of the day there was a certain national pride in them.

I remember well the time Alex Ferguson took Aberdeen to Anfield expecting to give them a game. The game at Pittodrie was 0-0, and I think that was the first leg, but anyway, they had high hopes of beating Liverpool. It finished 4-0 and even Jocky got a goal. More Scots were probably cheering on Liverpool that night than Aberdeen.