English Premier League 2019-20

Hard to believe now that those two for many years were the biggest fixture in English football for years
When I fired up my sky go to put it on I noted with some mirth that they were describing it as a "much anticipated fixture".

Doubt I need to add any further context to that...

Not a great game but still somehow managed to be better than the borefest that was the goaless Madrid derby.

Or did I dream that, as didn’t think you got rubbish games in the other best leagues? Minter for the SPFL fanboys.
Alternatively, the Madrid derby having f**k all to do with football fans on a Scottish forum pointing out that a game they watched was shite is a bit of a minter for you.

Pepe appears to be essentially just Theo Walcott with a stepover. May well come good, but appears at the moment to have zero end product.

Mintermind is a hilariously shit troll. So bad at it.
I always got the impression Walcott could do something out the blue though, he has that in his locker. He'd look completely anonymous and then go clean through on the keeper suddenly.

Last night Pepe was completely useless. Like you say, he might come good, but as a faraway follower of the premier league I'm left thinking wtf is going on when this guy is a top signing.

I always got the impression Walcott could do something out the blue though, he has that in his locker. He'd look completely anonymous and then go clean through on the keeper suddenly.

Last night Pepe was completely useless. Like you say, he might come good, but as a faraway follower of the premier league I'm left thinking wtf is going on when this guy is a top signing.
Walcott receives the same sort of treatment from the media as Arsenal as a club do. Every so often they do something good, and the story is that they are back and will kick on. It just never happens. Marcus Rashford is another who benefits from very selective media coverage.

I think it's always tough to gauge just how good a player is when coming from the French league. The league itself is generally quite poor with one or two good sides and then PSG.

For every Eden Hazard/Alexandre Lacazzete there's a Remy Cabella/Henry Saivet.

Reiss Nelson currently looks to be a better option than Pepe...

Just seen the McTommy goal.  The defender ducked out the way of the ball.  Did I see that correctly?
Kind of.

His 'avoid handball at all costs" stance makes it difficult for him and it also takes a deflection which would probably be hard to adjust to.

Probably could've made a better effort though.