Cove Thread

Good old Paul Hartley, bricking it that they might not go up this year so needs to push the boat out on a striker to get them over the line.

3 and a half year contract is ridiculous from Cove. He already looks a shadow of himself at this level. What's he going to be like when he is 35/36? And if they progress up the leagues like they hope to he will be even more surplus to requirements, League One is already his maximum, never mind any higher.

28 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Good old Paul Hartley, bricking it that they might not go up this year so needs to push the boat out on a striker to get them over the line.

Imagine how much Cove will spend next season to try to win / buy the League One title as well!

4 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Imagine how much Cove will spend next season to try to win / buy the League One title as well!

If they have got it they can suit themselves, it would depend on the sides in the league, as we have seen with 3 full or hybrid teams at the top the part time set ups struggle to compete.

I don't understand the signing of McAllister at all. Cove are top of the league with a game in hand and averaging 2.74 goals a game.  They have 13 more goals than any other team and have actually scored more than double the goals that we've scored in 3rd.  They have however just the 5th best defence in the league with Stirling (17), Cowden (18), Elgin & Edinburgh (23) having conceded fewer goals.  Which area could they do with improving most? 

So what's their great plan to push on for the title?  Sign an older striker on a 3 and a half year deal :lol:  Must be something in the water up this way as Cove are just doing what Peterhead always seemed to do!

I don't understand the signing of McAllister at all. Cove are top of the league with a game in hand and averaging 2.74 goals a game.  They have 13 more goals than any other team and have actually scored more than double the goals that we've scored in 3rd.  They have however just the 5th best defence in the league with Stirling (17), Cowden (18), Elgin & Edinburgh (23) having conceded fewer goals.  Which area could they do with improving most? 
So what's their great plan to push on for the title?  Sign an older striker on a 3 and a half year deal [emoji38]  Must be something in the water up this way as Cove are just doing what Peterhead always seemed to do!
It's a bizarre signing. I think they just want to show off their financial power by signing a big name.

As an Aberdonian resident who supports the only show in Angus, I find Cove an easy team to admire but a very hard team to like. Some of their shithouse behaviour in the past (throwing Mathieson under a bus, constantly giving it the big 'un when pissing the HL...
Still the same. Their Board were a disgrace at their recent visit to Hampden.

McAllister was a shadow of his recent past even last year. Only obvious reason would be the time period includes for some kind of transition to being a coach. Could be a cynical tactic to make sure Peterhead come down as Cove go up.

Hartley has form here though. Friends of mine in Falkirk would have him swinging from a lamppost. He was acting as an agent for some of the duds he brought in and near put Falkirk out of business. And he also behaved like a wee ned at Hampden. Seems like his current employer will let him away with anything. Place is full of Billy Big Boots and mercenaries who will move along when the dark times come. And they will.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Only obvious reason would be the time period includes for some kind of transition to being a coach

Jim saying that putting him through his badges was something we offered Rory when he said he was wanting away. Said he felt he needed a new challenge & has certainly ended up with a great sounding deal. Good luck to him.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

So what's their great plan to push on for the title?  Sign an older striker on a 3 and a half year deal :lol:  Must be something in the water up this way as Cove are just doing what Peterhead always seemed to do!

Hearing that Meginson might be  moving on so this might fill the gap. 

6 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

Where did you hear this?

From a fairly reliable source on my travels.  Might be shite but thought I'd put it out there to guage reaction. 

By the sounds of things I am being emphatically shot down  :lol:

Edited by theoriginalhedge

Not sure if it's came to anything but one of our young lads on the edges of the first team Patrick Pyott was training with yourselves a week or two a go with the view of signing a loan deal. Don't know much about the boy but he's just signed a new deal so he's obviously reasonably well thought of by the club. He's a striker though so possibly the signing of McAllister will have kiboshed any such move!