Killie's "European" Tour 2019/20

This is the only post I will make on this site via this login. As a Dons fan, this is the worst result I have ever heard of for any Scottish team. How can a Scottish league, with so many great teams and fans, have it's 3rd placed team, lose to a team with less fans than most Scottish 3rd tier sides. There are Junior teams with more support than Connahs Quay. I am not putting Welsh football down there, it is great in many ways, and produces some good teams, that are a match, for league one and championship teams, but this is crazy. At least Ross County beat them last season. But how come lowly Queens Park, beat TNS, how come lowly Edinburgh City almost knocked Connahs Quay out of the Challenge Cup. Surely this is proof that Scottish football needs to change if it wants to do better in Europe. Perhaps start and end the season earlier, to get teams ready for Europe. We have seen teams from Luxemburg, Wales, and Malta, now knock out club teams, that are surely much much better than this. We have seen the Dons struggle as well. Warburton had a good idea, to start the league cup  earlier, and I say, put in the 3rd and 4th place Euro qualified teams too, to give them match practice. Perhaps have a longer Winter break, to compensate for a loss of Summer holidays. The SPFL, should try and think how can we get our teams ready for Europe. 

No offence to Killie, they were great last season, and had a great 3rd place, but this is a tragic result. I mean why have they added so few players to the team, before this match, if you lose that many players, bring some players in, in their place.

As somebody who has lived in Wales, and loves the landscape and the culture, and some of the people, I can not condemn it too much. But I am a Scottish football fan, born and bred, so am very hurt by this awful result. I just hope Connahs Quay get knocked out of the Challenge cup by somebody like a Colts team, Motherwell Colts could probably beat them. Its the only possible saving grace.  No offence to Welsh football, but Scottish club football is more alive, and more of a institution, so deserves to have bragging rights. I bet most people in Deeside couldn't care less that Connahs Quay are playing, they are more interested  in the Liverpool, Everton, Man City or Man Utd scores, than CQ. Whereas Killmarnock have people who care about their team. 40,000 people live in Killie, 40,000 in Connahs Quay, 9000 went to this game, Connhas quay get barely 300 a game. Of course Killie deserved to win in that sense. Whatever any mind games by Connahs Quay's manager. Killie deserved to win as they are more a fixture in their community.

So the only revenge possible is for some lower league Scottish team, or especially a Colts team, to knock Connahs Quay out. It would be great if Killie Colts did. So anyway, Killie have let Scottish football down, but that is no different to what Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs and Celtic have all dpone recently. I blame the stupid way that European games start BEFORE the Scottish season starts, and somebody has to figure out a solution to that, and somebody has to act on that, Yes, it is true that Welsh teams have not started their season yet, but all that is, that it is a great leveller.

So the SPFL, just have to fix the draw of the callnge cup, so that Killie colts plkay Connahs Quay. To get a chance of redemption. 

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
22 minutes ago, TavTastic said:
It's a great part of the world to be fair. You should try and go to Montenegro if you have time. I'm just back from Croatia actually. 
How many nights you out there?

There for 3 nights and then stopping over in Frankfurt on the way back so probably not quite enough time to head somewhere else.

Tara national park about 4 hours drive away from Belgrade if that's doable.

If you've never Balkaned it up then I highly recommend Croatia. Particularly coastal/island Croatia.

Edited by TavTastic